What's new

Semogue

V

VR6ofpain

Oh man that is awesome. The 1305 knot in a Semogue acrylic handle. This will compete with the Omega 31064 I guess?

proxy.php

Vs.
proxy.php

I have been using the 1520 for the past couple of weeks. Its my first Semogue brush and I think you will be impressed. Great fun to use and once it starts to break in it gets better each shave.

Has anyone tried the new Semogue 620?

Yeah, just bought one.
It did not get the attention it deserved because of our little brush project, but I think it is a great brush.

For one thing, it is great for face lathering.
The shape is just perfect for it.

And in the looks department, Semogue is always a winner.

As for the brush itself, I like its firmness.

Last edited:
V

VR6ofpain

Ya but pure badger will be very scratchy compared to boar. My least favority knots are pure knots. Scratchy forever. I sold the last two pure badgers I had. I prefer boar and silvertip knots.

The 1520 is a shorter loft brush than the 1305.
I had the 1305 for awhile but felt it was a bit too floppy, so I sold the 1305 and got the 1520.
I have been extremely happy with the 1520 and it sits next to my 2-band T2, and actually I use it more than the T2 nowadays.

One thing to note that while the glossy paint on the 1520 looks great, mine started to chip and flake near the knot. So knowing that, I might spring for the acrylic handled version 620 if I had to do it again.

Coincidence? Nooooo, I don't know what you are talking about. I just do not have the time in to sell on this site and I want to get the 620. Have to sell this one first.

The 1520 is a shorter loft brush than the 1305.
I had the 1305 for awhile but felt it was a bit too floppy, so I sold the 1305 and got the 1520.
I have been extremely happy with the 1520 and it sits next to my 2-band T2, and actually I use it more than the T2 nowadays.

One thing to note that while the glossy paint on the 1520 looks great, mine started to chip and flake near the knot. So knowing that, I might spring for the acrylic handled version 620 if I had to do it again.

+1. The 620 was released about 2 weeks after I got the 1520. I wish I had known. Mine is also chipping pretty badly even though I have been careful not to soak the brush all the way up to the knot and dry it tips down.

V

VR6ofpain

Nice so the knot is different. This 620 is going on my X-mas list. Hopefully my wife will hook me up!

Top Bottom