What's new

Semogue SOC Mistura splaying requires too much pressure, what brush should I try next?

I have two Yaqi brushes: Moka Express (Two Band Badger/26mm) and Acqua Highmountain (Silvertip Badger/24mm). They are very good for what they cost. Among them, I prefer Moka Express. It has more backbone (although soft), is a better lather maker and the handle is gorgeous. But I like my Mistura much better.

I hope I helped you in some way.
Fantastic Brush, especially for the price I got mine for 2 years ago. I may need to rotate in after FFFMM; but I agree with the Mistura

full

I agree with giving the brush more time. Semogue boars are well known to take a very long time to fully break-in. I also agree with NorthernSoul that the 2 band would be a great choice - much softer tips. But the Mistura will get better and better.
+1

Another vote that you continue to use your brush to give it time to break in. That can take awhile!!
+1

Fantastic Brush, especially for the price I got mine for 2 years ago. I may need to rotate in after FFFMM; but I agree with the Mistura

full

+1

+1
Thank you very much for the post, my dear friend. I also really like the Yaqi Moka Express 2 Band Badger 26mm and the Semogue SOC Mistura. I just found out that Semogue is going to launch a new line (Boar, Mistura and Finest) called Pegasus with a tortoiseshell imitation handle and 26mm knots…

Cheers!
❤️🪒

IMG_5557.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Thank you very much for the post, my dear friend. I also really like the Yaqi Moka Express 2 Band Badger 26mm and the Semogue SOC Mistura. I just found out that Semogue is going to launch a new line (Boar, Mistura and Finest) called Pegasus with a tortoiseshell imitation handle and 26mm knots…

Cheers!
❤️🪒

View attachment 1807981
I knew I should have avoided this thread.... I doubt I'll be able to resist a 26mm Mistura... That looks amazing... thx.

I already sent emails to YourShaving and Gifts & Care asking to be notified when they show up..

You should start a new thread announcing them. I’ll bet it would see a lot of activity.
Indeed, my friend. They should probably appear first on Vintage Scent
They will also launch a new color of the SOC handle in black resin. I will start a thread, thank you very much for the tip.

IMG_5559.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I got a reply from my email to YourShaving.... They've already placed an order with Semogue and are waiting for the delivery of goods. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

Cheers!
❤️🪒

View attachment 1807981
And you just couldn’t keep that to yourself huh? 🤣🤣

Here we go again :cuppa:

Abraço Beto!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
2-12-24.Bayonetta.Mike's.Barrell.640.JPG

Big Misturas Rock!

This ⇡ is my favorite. I think it might be 27 mm.

Kim told me about these new brushes which led to an unfruitful search, but I'll try to be patient.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom