What's new

~ Semogue 610 VS 620 ? ~

Semogue 610 VS 620 ?

• Semogue 610

• Semogue 620

Results are only viewable after voting.
Semogue 620 i believe is better by far, especially if you face-lather. I have Semogue 610, 1470 and 1250. All of them are made of white best 90% tops. The first two are short lofted so they have better backbone than 1250. All of them have soft tips. A month ago i bought Semogue 1438 which shares the same knot (extra 75% tops) with Semogue 620. I found 1438 to have a better backbone and extra soft tips compared with the above. So 1438 is my new favorite Semogue.

i prefer more tough fibers, because i have ingrown hairs often and tough fibers and it is give me helps to extricate hairs under the skin ... between the two ,who has more tougher fibers 610 or 620 ? Thank you ...

The 620 has the tougher fibers. Nevertheless it can have very soft tips when broken in.

I have both and love both.
When I bought the 620 and was in the process of break it in. I compared the softness to the 610 so I could see/feel where I was at with the breaking process. And man is the 610 soft, even when its dry. It really amazed me.
But I think the 610 splays too easily fo me, even with a short loft (It might be a characteristic of Semogue brushes).
So I voted for the 620, that has more backbone and I know the tips will get even softer.

610 - Best 90% Tops ,,, 620 - Extra 75% Tops - Dyed
Which bristle type is better of the two? I just don't understand in shave brushes...
Thank you very much.

See this explanation: Is it true that trimmed boar hair doesn't split?

"Semogue 75% tops doesn't mean that. It means that 75% of the hairs have the full height of the knot. The remaining 25% are shorter. By shorter it means that they're naturally shorter with unclipped hairs."

I hope this helps.

i prefer more tough fibers, because i have ingrown hairs often and tough fibers and it is give me helps to extricate hairs under the skin ... between the two ,who has more tougher fibers 610 or 620 ? Thank you ...
In this case you're going to want a wire brush. I don't think any shave brush is going to dig ingrown hairs from under your skin.

IMG_1803.JPG
Here's my Semogue 610 with its favorite soap. Cella and the 610 -- a perfect combination.

I voted for the 610 strictly for the appearance.

I have a 620 that I got late last August, and I've been using it for about 15% of my daily shaves. I generally like it, for the size of the knot and the design of the handle.
Now though, it's starting to lose a few bristles per shave (after not losing any for months) and the knot is a bit loose in the handle, meaning that while it's dry I can twist it about 2 mm. When it's wet, it's solid. The metal ferrule stays solid with the plastic.

I voted for the 610 strictly for the appearance.

I have a 620 that I got late last August, and I've been using it for about 15% of my daily shaves. I generally like it, for the size of the knot and the design of the handle.
Now though, it's starting to lose a few bristles per shave (after not losing any for months) and the knot is a bit loose in the handle, meaning that while it's dry I can twist it about 2 mm. When it's wet, it's solid. The metal ferrule stays solid with the plastic.

I prefer "Extra 75% Tops" over "Best 90% Tops hence my vote for the 620. It doesn't mean is a better brush, I just prefer softer over scrubbier.

Top Bottom