What's new

Seattle/Tacoma area??

Good questions.

I'm thinking a long lunch hour on a weekend.

Meet and greet. Show and tell encouraged.

Maybe we could get some items for door prizes.

Any vendors wiling to host or sponsor?

If you end up meeting up at Crossroads, please take pics. It will be like watching the worlds of my childhood and my obscure hobby collide.

There is likely a food court at Southcenter mall as an option to the food court in Crossroads (Bellevue).

I vote for Crossroads. Wasn't there a shooting incident at Southcenter and the entire mall was in lockdown within the last year or two?

I go to Southcenter all the time (not literally, but very often). And I don't remember that. It could have happened and I just didn't know it. I've never been to Crossroads though so that would work.

I vote for Crossroads. Wasn't there a shooting incident at Southcenter and the entire mall was in lockdown within the last year or two?

Yes there have been several gang related incidents at Southcenter over the past few years. The food court is where most of the gang types congregate. Would not be my first choice for a meeting.

That being said, I like the idea of a coffee house. Forza Coffee down near Kent Boeing is spacious, the coffee is good, plenty of parking and if it's nice we could sit outside by the fountain. Here is the location:

Forza
20038 68th Ave
Kent, WA 98032
253-867-0356
View Map

That's my 2 cents, anyway.
:thumbup1:

Food and drink must ALWAYS be part of the mix!! Tacoma generally seems picked through everytime I get to there. Puyallup o r Auburn might be good. I live in Burien. Willing to make a trip to meet you fine gentlemen, wife already thinks I'm nuts! Although she is hip to the idea of putting some type of storage in the bathroom, just what is the touchy point. I will let her decide!! I kinda like the over the toilet deals, she is the one who said " You want people to be able to SEE all your cool stuff!!"

Yes there have been several gang related incidents at Southcenter over the past few years. The food court is where most of the gang types congregate. Would not be my first choice for a meeting.

That being said, I like the idea of a coffee house. Forza Coffee down near Kent Boeing is spacious, the coffee is good, plenty of parking and if it's nice we could sit outside by the fountain. Here is the location:

Forza
20038 68th Ave
Kent, WA 98032
253-867-0356
View Map

That's my 2 cents, anyway.
:thumbup1:

Right by my union hall!!

The weather's been awful, should we wait until mid to late May just to give Old Man Winter time to go away?

Forza in Kent has been nominated. What about Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park, North of Seattle?

I'm also in the Seattle area (Burien) and would like to get in on this. I am fine with anywhere, but as April comes to a close are not free on this Saturday. Though I am free Sunday May 1st...:lol:

Cord

Hi All,
Just to add my little bit; If the event were held at Third Place Commons on the Third Saturday of the month I'd be able to stop by and meet the group.
Best regards, Ken
(From Whidbey Island)

How about may 21st at third place books, The seattle pen club meets from 11am to whenever (usually 1-1:30) So how about 2PM?

Top Bottom