What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Razor: Schick J - Asylum injector
Blade: Vintage Schick (2) - Schick (12)
Brush: Stirling Tuxedo
Bowl: Captain’s Choice
Lather: Cooper & French Relentless
Aftershave: Witch Hazel - Bootleggers Vanilla Bay Rum

IMG_3481.jpeg

I gave up on the vintage blade during the second pass and grabbed the Asylum. The 12th use of the Chinese Schick in the Asylum is much smoother and not nearly as harsh as the vintage Eversharp Schick. I will probably give the vintage one more chance, but I will have an alternative ready at hand.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, April 19th 2024

Razor : Yaqi Romulus 316SSP razor head with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP handle. Tame mid range to mid range depending on blade or shim used. I like to assemble small head parts on a wash cloth seems easier. The razor is very nimble shave with and works well for my self. Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning.
Blade : Kai Captain titian mild (6) sharp and smooth with great longevity using this razor.
Soap : Razorock XXX Fresco, nice XXX scent similar to original XXX with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Bali" 24mm 3band silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, nice splay Scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX Fresco splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.2 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Yaqu Romulus SE with a Kai Captain titian mild. (It does not get much better a shave for my self today!)
SOTD April 19 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Wilkinson Bonded Razor
Blade: Wilkinson Bonded Single Edge Cartridge
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Forest City Fern
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
20240418_085830.jpg