What's new

Scooped Stirling soap. How many grams?

Has anyone weighed scooped Stirling? I've been scooping 1/4 of a teaspoon to bowl lather. Usually it works great, but sometimes i feel i may have used too little soap. Has anybody weighed a teaspoons worth of Stirling? I don't want to use too much soap, while Stirling isn't expensive, it can cost quite a lot to ship to my country. I don't have a scale that i could use to weigh it

I just scooped what you use and it should come to 1.0-1.5 grams (depending on the size of the teaspoon). In my experience, I can get a good lather with Stirling with anything from 1 to 2 grams.

I’m on the same boat as you are regarding the cost of soaps due to importing the products. I’ll leave the stores with the most reasonable shipping costs (in my experience) and the products they carry:

- Connaught Shaving (UK)

They charge about 10-15 dollars for shipping a ton of products. From them you can buy DR Harris, Speick, Tabac, Cella, Haslinger, Lea and many more

- Gifts and Care (Spain)

Shipping is a bit more expensive than Connaught, but still reasonable. They have La Toja, Arko, Cella, Speick, RazoRock and much, much more. They also carry Stirling and other American artisans

- The Razor Company (US)

Shipping is a little more expensive, but for three products is still worth it compared to other stores. They have almost all your American artisans and a lot of other products

If you are concerned about the cost of soap, I would recommend the switch to harder or more cost efficient ones (DR Harris, Haslinger, Speick, Arko, La Toja stick, Tabac, etc). If you want precision or consistency, you should get a jewelry scale, they cost like 5 dollars in Aliexpress

Top Bottom