What's new

Schick injector finish

Hey all!

I just received my Schick injector from ebay (type E). The finish on the guard looks like it's been rubbed off (presumably from use) in some places. Is that a problem? Or just par for the course in the life of a razor?

Other than that it's in great shape, and after a quick sanitization (rubbing alcohol mostly) it'll be ready for use!

Thanks,

Ben

rule of thumb for injectors is that the bar be straight (its not in the NWC injectors) and that theres 2 bumps which hold the bottom of the blade and are in perfect allingment,

if those are met, then you can try a ATG pass with it,

rule of thumb for injectors is that the bar be straight (its not in the NWC injectors) and that theres 2 bumps which hold the bottom of the blade and are in perfect allingment,

if those are met, then you can try a ATG pass with it,

The alignment appears to be perfect, it's the gold finish that's a bit rubbed off. So I'd imagine it's fine. Here is a picture of the head, you can see in the picture without the flash where the abrasion seems to be. You can also see on the picture with the flash that the alignment is good.

it looks ok, from this angle i cant see the blade sitting on the bumps,

i also made a mistake earlier, DO NOT GO ATG with it without proper reduction and seeing that it works correctly WTG, i made a mistake in my spelling,

Thanks Aevum. I can post another picture, it's hard to get a good close-up. The blade, when installed, does sit on the two bumps. I disinfected with alcohol last night, must hit it with some tilex/scrubbing bubbles tonight with some pipe cleaners to get the inside cleaned out.

Thanks.

Top Bottom