What's new

Rooney 3/1 Finest? or Super?

Gents,

I am looking to add another brush to my kit. I already have a SR 3824.. Vulfix 2236..and a Rooney 1/2 super. I have my eye on the Rooney 3/1 but i am unsure which grade to choose. Is the finest worth the extra money over the super?

That's all depending on your personal preference and how much you want to spend. Me personally I would never spend over 100 on a brush but its your call at the end of the day.

not only that, what about Pure Badger and Best Badger? I feel as though Best Badger grade hair might be a nice scrubby brush.

Since you already have a few supers, I would go with the finest - it's really a different products and quite outstanding. If you are looking to save money why buy another brush at all?

From reading other threads, I think that the Rooney 3/1 Finest is in very low supply. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1599903&postcount=1

I just bought classicshaving's last available Rooney's 3/1 in finest. According to the customer service representative with whom I spoke, this was their last 3/1 in finest, possibly their last of any handle-design, small, in finest. Considering the amount of time I had spent going to various websites and looking for this brush, I am pretty confident it is the last available one of these brushes that can be bought in public. (Except of course on B/S/T.)

Did I pay a lot? Yes. Would I have been willing to pay more. Absolutely. Score one for me! :jump:

So I would get one unless if you do not mind B/S/T. :c9:

Since you already have a few supers, I would go with the finest - it's really a different products and quite outstanding. If you are looking to save money why buy another brush at all?

Rick.. thanks for the input,after reading everyones input i am going to go with the finest grade. The money was never the issue. But value is. If there is no big difference between super and finest than why go with the finest for double the price?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I got the last one in black from Classicshaving. As far as I can tell, classicshaving is now completely out, and vintage blades has only one or two left. From talking to the owners of both stores, I gathered that Rooney has, for the time being, stopped making the brushes entirely.

Is it a lot of money? Yes. Is it worth it? I don't have mine yet, so I can't tell exactly, but after reading and researching brushes for well over a month, I have concluded that the Rooney 1/1 or 3/1 in finest is one of the best brushes you can buy. The reviews are overall exceptional - it seems to be more highly rated than a Shavemac custom D01, and about on-par with a much more expensive Plisson.

I would encourage you to buy, because of these reasons, and the oncoming shaveocalypse.

Last edited:
I have absolutely no regrets about buying a 3/1 finest several years ago. It is one of my favorite brushes. Totally reliable (i.e. no shedding issues) and a great all round brush. A close second is the heritage Victorian - also a Rooney. Much as I enjoy my vintage Simpsons, it would be the 3/1 that I would hang on to in hard times.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=73832&stc=1&d=1257647640
rooney31.jpg

Attachments

• $rooney31.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 213
A Rooney 3/1 in Finest is really a one-of-a-kind brush. I love mine, a perfect blend of backbone and soft tips

OH yes the finest rooney is a brush all of its own. The blend of rigid hair with super soft tips. I find it to be the ultimate soap/face lather brush. As a matter of face ive sold all my brushes because it is my absolute favorite.

Top Bottom