What's new

Review: Saponificio Bignoli, Agrumi Del Mediterraneo

This is my first cream review so bare with me :001_rolle I wanted to share my first expriences of using my recently purchased Saponificio Bignoli shaving cream, with the scent Agrumi Del Mediterraneo.

I ordered it as it came recommended for its citrus smell and great lathering abilities - both things are highly appreciated by me, and I do prefer creams to soaps. My #1 go-to cream is Proraso Green but I am always interested in trying out new stuff.

Since 30 years I have lathered in my hand (not bowl) as I use soft creams. Never really thought about anything else actually, as hand lathering works well for me.

Here goes my findings on this cream, having used it twice now:

Immediate comments when opening the can: Quite hard texture, almost soap like. Very good scent, extremely citrussy and initially almost too much. But scent settles nice after a few moments. The can is classy and seems quite sturdy.

Prepping: Because of the hardness of the soap I decided to soak it while I showered. My EJ 23mm soaked as well :)

Lathering: The soap was still hard even after soaking so I decided to lather directly from the can. That worked like a charm. Wow, this stuff lathers like nothing I have seen before. The pic shows the lather after 20 secs, in total I lathered for 40 secs, then the brush was fully loaded. Feel on face was very nice and scent still good.

Shaving: Went without any problems. I used my newly acquired beautiful Fatboy for the first time and ended up with a BBS - nice!!! - Love the Fatboy too!

Post-shave feel: Very good, skin felt moist and calm. And hadn't made a dent in the can, this stuff will really last long.

So in total: Thumbs-up for this great cream. It will definitely get regular rotation with my beloved Proraso.

Pic 1: The cream dry before use
Pic 2: Cream (and brush) soaking while I showered
Pic 3: Lathered for 20 seconds (literally)
Pic 4: Brush with lather after 1st face lather done
Pic 5: My full setup for the day: Brand new F2 Fatboy (YAY!), 3rd day Feather blade, EJ 23mm Best Badger, the Saponificio Bignoli and Pinaud Clubman (another 1st try today, quite nice, good feel but very distinct scent)

IMG_1001.JPG
IMG_1002.JPG
IMG_1004.JPG
IMG_1005.JPG
IMG_1006.JPG

Thanks for the great review. The whole Saponificio Bignoli line sounds wonderful, not that I need any more tempation (or creams)...

I had not seen this soap until recently so bought a can for £15.uk. The can is very sturdy. The soap is really a croap, mine was not hard at all and loading the brush was easy. I face lather and used a badger brush soaked then shaken of water. I did need to put the brush tip in the water as I lathered, the lather is one of the best I've seen, rich and creamy, protective and super glide . As good as Saponificio varesino which I love. Recommended indeed!
Why is this brand almost unknown?

Top Bottom