What's new

Red Dot FatBoy $$$$$$$

Check out this red dot Fat Boy.

$332!!! Tell me there's something more than just a red dot and jack-o-lantern smile that makes someone willing to spend this kind of money. From what I know it's just a rare variant.

I assume someone here got it? It always seems to work that way.

By nice score you mean the one who sold it. He scored for sure. From the description, I'm sure the seller had no idea he would make that much.

Red dot? Pssh, we all know it's a 1958/1989 TV Special Fatboy date codes D1/E1. The rarest of them all.

But seriously, I'm surprised it went so high considering all the visible brassing.

I am looking at the green (what looks like copper oxide) running along the grooves of the handle and on the underside of the safety bar. What is it then? :huh:

Ah, I thought you were talking about the brassy color in some of the pics, which I attribute to lighting. At first I didn't notice the green in the grooves. the first pic looks great. The second one does show some green in there.

Another funny thing is the bottom of the listing shows a buyer who retracted an $80 bid because he entered the wrong amount. I assume he thought he was bidding on a regular Fat Boy and didn't want to pay that much.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I saw it when it was first listed. It was over $100.00 in no time. I sent a PM to another member asking how high do you think it would go? He was pretty darn close.

I bid and knew I'd lose.

I didn't think I'd lose by that much.

I much prefer the toggle and at that price, I could buy a beater toggle and have it refinished...

That seller is probably wrapping that razor in packing tape and duct tape and shipping it triple insured. lol

I wonder how many offers he got in his inbox to end it early with a BIN?

Top Bottom