What's new

RazoRock "Amici" Brush

I guess I caught Joe at the right time. Defintely feel lucky, playing lotto tonight. It's at 35 Mill tonight here in Florida. Btw, She had her first bath this morning, face lathered some Stirling. All I can say is wow. Very pleased.

I guess I caught Joe at the right time. Defintely feel lucky, playing lotto tonight. It's at 35 Mill tonight here in Florida. Btw, She had her first bath this morning, face lathered some Stirling. All I can say is wow. Very pleased.

Keep at it, it'll only get better!

Well gents, I'm proud to join this great group of owners as Amici #58 has found a new permanent home in my den :woot:

I think I'll clean it and use it's first few inaugural lathers to finish off my Napoleon's Violet that I've been 3017ing.

Now that most everyone has a solid number of uses under their belts, how drastically has the scritch reduced on these guys?

Now that most everyone has a solid number of uses under their belts, how drastically has the scritch reduced on these guys?

I have only used my brush twice and done several dozen test lathers. Unfortunately it is still too scritchy for me to enjoy. I wish it had the same knot as the BC Mistura, that knot is very comfortable.

Mine still has some scritch :blush:

I have only used my brush twice and done several dozen test lathers. Unfortunately it is still too scritchy for me to enjoy. I wish it had the same knot as the BC Mistura, that knot is very comfortable.

I have heard the Mistrua is softer. Not sure if and when the Amici will loose the remaining scritch, but I hope it does.

My brush has gotten at least 50 shaves/test lathers on the knot. Initial usage was very uncomfortable (bordering in unbearable) but it has softened up quite a bit. There is still some scritch but it does not bother me too much although it is very peculiar that all my brushes including my boars are softer than the Amici. I have examined the knot and found/speculate:

- The finest badger hair used in my Amici does not physically look like the similar-grade hairs in my other brushes. My TGN and Liojuny finest knots have hair with white/cream colored tips and are much, much softer at the tip. The Amici badger tips are grey/gray...I wish I had a pure-grade badger for comparison
- A noticeable amount of the boar bristles of my Amici appear to be trimmed...and unfortunately, I have yet to find a trimmed bristle that has split like a typical boar bristle should
- Put these two factors together and it is not a surprise to me that the scrub and scritch qualities are high with this knot

Hmm, I find it very comfortable. It is very similar to my Semoge LE 2012 boar/badger mix, another comfortable brush. It's not pillow soft like my Chief but I like it.

I like mine too. A bit of scritch, but it's good scritch. No complaints here.

Though this goes against everything I believe about brushes, I suggest to you guys to try mashing it a little bit more against your face when lathering. I hate seeing brushes all splayed every which way that look like they were mashed hard on the dudes face, so not like that. But push it a bit more so you aren't using just the tips for lathering.

I now have the #7 brush happily in my possession. So far I have only used it once. I did not think it had too much scritch. The previous owner said he thought it still needed some more breaking in. It will come up again in the rotation soon and will pay closer attention to the amount of scritch.

I like mine too. A bit of scritch, but it's good scritch. No complaints here.

Same here.

If I was forced to narrow down to a rotation of 2 brushes, it would be my Amici and my M&F L7 Blonde Badger. Both of those seem to always make the best lather.

Last edited:
I suspect it will always have a little scritch to it, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

It's a great brush and I'm very happy with it.

I used my Amici constantly after receiving it. I think I broke it in to the point it has a bit of scrub only. I used some other brushes recently and pulled out the Amici this morning. Still an awesome brush. Delivers lather like almost none other, IMHO.

Well, I have to amend my previous statement. I face lathered with my Amici today (used Speick stick) and there was no scritch at all. There was scrub, almost like my Shavemac D01 2 band, but not nearly as dense. The brush felt great on my face.

So, I'd have to say, the scritch does go away.

I used my Amici constantly after receiving it. I think I broke it in to the point it has a bit of scrub only. I used some other brushes recently and pulled out the Amici this morning. Still an awesome brush. Delivers lather like almost none other, IMHO.

I totally agree. I took it out yesterday to use this week and it is a top of the line lather maker. It produces a great lather from any soap I have used it with.
Mine is breaking in nicely. It still has a slight scrub which I like as a change of pace after a week with my ultra soft M&F Chief.

Top Bottom