What's new

Razor or flayer

Apologies if this may have been posted before, but I didn't find the manufacturer in a site search.

Anyone tried this crazy looking thing on eBay? Looks like a completely guard-less DE razor?? I pity the poor guy looking to get into traditional shaving that would buy one of these as a first DE :scared:

$Capture.jpg$Capture.PNG$Capture.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELEGANT-RAZ...t=US_Shaving_Hair_Removal&hash=item4ae1c38f24

Quote from ad copy is (thankfully) probably accurate for a reason.

"YOU WILL NOT FIND A RAZOR LIKE THIS ANYWHERE ELSE !!!"

This ad copy is definitely not and dangerously misleading:

"
The model X is the perfect men double edged razor, designed by Barbe Bleue of New York exclusively to be sold by MND Corp . It has been fitted with the industry leading closed comb razor head. For men who want to experience the beat shave using a double edge safety razor to achieve an effortlessly smooth close shave."

Last edited:
I would give it a try if I did not have to pay for it.
My only concern is that the smooth handle might be very slippery.

How can it be more dangerous than a cutthroat or kamisori (Sp?) or my own perfectly safe Rolls Razor?

Mickey

I would give it a try if I did not have to pay for it.
My only concern is that the smooth handle might be very slippery.

How can it be more dangerous than a cutthroat or kamisori (Sp?) or my own perfectly safe Rolls Razor?

Mickey

I use a straight and shavettes regularly, but I would still be terrified of this thing. It's a lot easier I would think to see/feel the right angle with a straight than this, where the blade is not as visible and the handle acts as a lever increasing the sensitivity of the angle to hand position. It's also well known to straight users that skin stretching is important and needs to be done with your free hand and/or face/jaw stretching. Without a comb or bar leading the way to stretch and flatten the skin ahead of the blade, such manual stretching would be at least as important with this thing (probably more so due to the added weight of the head pressing down on the edge making it tend to dig in), but how many regular DE shavers, let alone a newbie impulsively buying this thing off eBay are going to appreciate this or know how to do it properly?

Last edited:
It's actually one of the best razors I've ever used. It took some practice, but now I routinely get blood-free shaves that are as close or closer than I've had with any other razor, including R41, ATT H1 and H2, Fatip, Old Type, NEW LC, MMOC, and a bunch of others. Not for everyone, but definitely worth a try if you like the sensation of blade against skin.

I don't know if this particular razor is worth it as I've not used it, but it inspired myself and many others in making 'Devette's'. I use a guard-less Yuma here and there, and it's actually a very nice shave, though more for days where you have time for a leisurely shave. :thumbup1:

I'll stick with my straights and shavettes, which are designed for the purpose, thank you. To each his/her own. . .

It's actually one of the best razors I've ever used. It took some practice, but now I routinely get blood-free shaves that are as close or closer than I've had with any other razor, including R41, ATT H1 and H2, Fatip, Old Type, NEW LC, MMOC, and a bunch of others. Not for everyone, but definitely worth a try if you like the sensation of blade against skin.

Great, now I've gotta try one...

Go for it! If it's not for you, I'll buy it from you in a heartbeat. I need an extra.

I'm spending some quality time with my Fatboy this month for Fatboy February. I use it cranked up to 11 (actually it's 9, but Captain Murphy gave me custom blade gaps that are two levels higher). After this month, I'm going to spend a solid 30 days with my R41. If that goes well, maybe this will be next...

I love a challenge and think this is the sexiest razor I've seen in a while. I love aggressive razors and have a few shavettes as well I just ordered this like 2 days ago from etsy was on sale 10$ off so I'll post pics and review in a few days ! By the way this is my first post ever.I have googled stuff and always run through these forums and I decided to join ..so hello gents .

I just posted in another thread, but I did this with my futur clone. Removed the bottom plate/safety bar and put it back together. The angle is actually really intuitive as you just ride the top cap. If you have good technique it's really not as sketchy as one might think.

Top Bottom