What's new

Rainy Day Brush

IMG_2403.JPG IMG_2404.JPG IMG_2405.JPG IMG_2406.JPG It's a rainy day here in the Valley of the Sun, so why not spend it in the shop? The handle is 52mm tall, made from Silmar 41 resin colored with violet and green mica powders along with some Castin' Craft green dye. The knot is a 24mm 2 band finest from either sapphire sky-blue or mimi's on ebay, I don't read Chinese so I have no idea which one is which, and set at a 50mm loft.

Wow. I'm not often attracted by plastic handles, but that's very cool. Both the color and the handle shape. Have never seen a handle in that style. Wow. Hope it keeps raining!

Mark

That's ugly. Joking. I'm just sick of giving you guys compliments. Do you need my address again? you know i love that color scheme and I bet the base of that feels good in the hand.

My favorite was the one a couple weeks ago that also had a little red in it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Okay, Jay that is my favorite of yours! The resin is beautiful, and the shape is so cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a beautiful shaving brush Jay! Well done!
If you live here, you'd have a bunch of rainy day brushes or and a handful of sunny day brushes.:biggrin1:

Wow. I'm not often attracted by plastic handles, but that's very cool. Both the color and the handle shape. Have never seen a handle in that style. Wow. Hope it keeps raining!

Mark

Thank you! Woodworking has been a hobby of mine for a long time, and I never thought I'd get into resin, but you can make such cool stuff with it. This is based on the Paladin PK-47 which looks much nicer, but I'm happy with this.

I need to get into blank pouring and brush making.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

You'll love it! You can make blanks that suit your taste instead of having to buy ones that a lot of times don't, and it's much cheaper too.

That's ugly. Joking. I'm just sick of giving you guys compliments. Do you need my address again? you know i love that color scheme and I bet the base of that feels good in the hand.

Thanks doofus. I haven't used it yet but it feels very nice in the hand.

Very nicely done.

Thank You!

Okay, Jay that is my favorite of yours! The resin is beautiful, and the shape is so cool!

Thanks for a great compliment! It's one of my two faves so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! How do you like the knots you got off ebay? I see you've tried the finest, have you tried the silver tip?

Thank you. I only bought a bunch of two band finest from different vendors and so far haven't tried them all. I'll get around to posting reviews of each eventually.

That's a beautiful shaving brush Jay! Well done!
If you live here, you'd have a bunch of rainy day brushes or and a handful of sunny day brushes.:biggrin1:

LOL... it's the exact opposite here. Maybe I need a few more rainy days... and thank you.

I came back to look at your brush again! The colors are mesmerizing!

Thanks again Dave. I made one with the same colors but a little different shape a few weeks and gave it to my brother for his birthday. I liked the colors so much I made this one for myself.

I saved the pictures on my phone. New screen saver:punk:

Mark

I'm honored!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Being from Ohio you know we have way to many GRAY days.
Very Nice Jay as Always !
I will start making resin blanks in the spring per our conversation about the fine smell of the resin in the house.
It is nice to know that I have 2 Very fine Fellows( You Jay and Dave ) with a lot of knowledge in the Resin field :001_005:

Being from Ohio you know we have way to many GRAY days.
Very Nice Jay as Always !
I will start making resin blanks in the spring per our conversation about the fine smell of the resin in the house.
It is nice to know that I have 2 Very fine Fellows( You Jay and Dave ) with a lot of knowledge in the Resin field :001_005:

I don't miss those gray days but we have so much sun here a few rainy days is just a break. You could probably use Alumilite in the house but it's twice the price and doesn't finish as good. There's no messing with a catalyst though just mix it 1:1 by weight *even thought it's a liquid* so you don't have to worry about the blanks being brittle. Honestly I've never had brittle blanks but I don't need much catalyst with our usually warm to painfully hot temps. I'll be happy to help out when you start casting.

Thank you @alpster ! I'm surprised to see this thread revived. I have to say it's not my favorite shape I've made, but I don't think I've done better with the colors. I'll probably make a razor handle & stand to match, maybe even a bowl. For now I have more ideas than time to make them though.

Top Bottom