What's new

Props to Cannaaught Shaving For FAST shipping and best price on MWF!

Legion

Staff member
They are cheaper for some things, but not so cheap for others.

Obviously they are at an advantage being in the UK when it comes to English and Euro products, because it does not have to be shipped so far to them.

I have only ever bought some blades from them, but had no problems with the transaction.

Just checked that brush on both Connaught and Muhle and it's actually £1.72 LESS direct from Muhle! (not counting shipping)

Gareth

This subject came up in another thread yesterday. The reason that Connaught is cheaper is likely because of the $100 per day exemption on personal importation by mail written into US code. US based retailers have to pay customs duties on their imported products because they order in more than $100 per day quantities. As Connaught is based in the EU (where most shaving products are made) and there is an agreement between EU countries not to charge duty on imports between themselves they can sell much cheaper than the US retailers even with the extra shipping charge (UK shipping is dirt cheap compared to the US for packages as well). However if you order more than $100 at a time be ready for a bill from US Customs that has to be paid at the post office when you pick up the package.

A lot of manufactuers do this to encourage you to shop their retailers. The retailers is what/ who gets their product out there.

I bought another puck of MWF and an Omega 10077 for $17 I think shipped. The prices are good, but the wait is loooong if you're stateside.

I just ordered 20 Personna stainless injector blades from them for £5.00 (about $8), including shipping.

Top Bottom