What's new

Post your most beautiful razors!

$STR81.jpg

This is a great shaver but not a great pix.
Using my phone. Camera being fixed.

I love my Kropp with bright green scales, but love the old school wade and butcher.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 242
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 241
A toss up between these two:
W&B reground shorty in brass lined, spalted oak burl scales and
$104_1315.jpg

Joseph Rogers in horn scales with an ivory wedge.
$104_1652.jpg

I usually loathe anything but horn on an old sheffield unless they had the vulcanized scales, but that is some beautiful hardwood. It looks great, and whoever did the work made the right choice with the pin style.

I usually loathe anything but horn on an old sheffield unless they had the vulcanized scales, but that is some beautiful hardwood. It looks great, and whoever did the work made the right choice with the pin style.

Thank you, sir! That's all me. I even climbed the tree with a chainsaw to collect the wood.

Will pop this up here as well, more for the overall shock and awe value. Parisian 7 day interchangeable blade set by Aucoc, Paris. When your shaving kit has a skeleton key, you mean business...
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
Nice! Is that a CA finish? I've got some nicely figured walnut I'm going to make some scales with soon.

That one has a spar polyurethane finish. After shaping and sanding, I submerged the scales in the can of finish for several days to assure good penetration. Then several more light coats after that.

These figured walnut scales were done with CA and came out nicely.
$104_1715.jpg

After giving it some thought. I came up with this. It isn't spectacular, but the simple and functional design makes it hard to beat IMHO. MK31 in ivory scales. $uploadfromtaptalk1429066057156.jpg

beautiful blades, all!
I'd have to pick my
Turner & Cowlishaw 7/8
circa 1880. Alas, I dont
have a good pic of it, but
plan on remedying that.

Top Bottom