What's new

PIF: PreWar Fat Handle Tech, 40's Style SS, 69 109 Adjustable, 69 Black Handle, Omega Brush

Someone came through and traded for my ATT S1... still, we need a PIF. Up for your consideration:

A Pre-War Fat Handle Tech
40's style SS
69 109 Adjustable
69 Black Handle Gillette TTO (a little rough but should shave well enough)
Brand New Omega Brush 10098
(also a few blades)

Razors have received a Barbicide bath and are ready for action.

To play: Kentucky Fried Chicken... Original recipe or extra crispy. Defend your position in 3 sentences or less. No points off for spelling errors.

This will run through early Friday evening 18 Apr 2019 (Mountain date/time). I will pick up chicken on the way home from work Friday, eat one piece of original and one piece of extra crispy, and then determine which is actually best and why. People who have chosen wisely (or at least adequately explained themselves) will be entered into a random drawing.

This includes free CONUS delivery. If you are elsewhere... but know your Kentucky Fried Chicken... you may enter and if you win we can talk delivery fee if needed.

Results posted at 9:00 PM Friday night (Mountain Time).

2019_Apr_16_7524_LR.JPG

Extra crispy is better because it has more flavor than the original recipe. It always seems to be jucier than the original recipe because it is soaked in buttermilk with the 11 herbs and spices then double battered which keeps moisture in the chicken better than the lightly breaded original recipe. And lastly any good southern fried chicken recipe is crispy.

Oh boy. A Black Beauty!
Original all day. The crunch, then the juicy chicken are great contrasting textures. I prefer just the right amount of crunch on the batter and for me, the original is the best.

I'm in!

Extra crispy is the way to go. Can't beat the contrast in textures from the crunchy/crispy outside to the juicy moist chicken underneath. More breading also means more seasoning/flavor.

I’m in, thanks for the PIF!

OG recipe, the extra crispy was something they caved on because of customer demand and it doesn’t taste the same.

As a result, the people that wanted it always order original recipe.

Source: my wife, who loved the idea and hated the execution.

Very generous.

I'm not a KFC connoisseur, but I'll vote original, 'cos it's, y'know, original.

OK that's a poor justification, but honestly I think I've had KFC fewer than a dozen times. I'm not even certain they have both types where I live.

Fun PIF!
I have to go with the Extra Crispy. The coating is the best part. To steal from the TV show Friends, "Does anybody want some chicken? I'm only eating the skin".

In for chicken and gear. Great PIF!

I prefer grilled from KFC since I have a low tolerance for fried stuff anymore. If I had to choose between Original and Extra I would choose Original because I have enough 'Extra' in my life and there's no school like the old school.

Fun PIF!
I have to go with the Extra Crispy. The coating is the best part. To steal from the TV show Friends, "Does anybody want some chicken? I'm only eating the skin".

Both my mother and i both do that. My mother is oakey and I grew up eating oakey food. When we get KFC or when either of us make chicken with skin fried or roasted. After everyone eats at night her and I will go take the skins off every remaining piece of chicken. That is the best part of chicken.

Original. Colonel Sanders said that extra crispy is “a damn fried doughball stuck on some chicken” and he was the expert, so I'm listening to him.

Not in, but original recipe for me. Reason one, the 11 herbs and spices are delicious and reason two it tastes better left over than the extra crispy.

Great pif. Im in.
There's no doubt that extra crispy is best. That initial crunch is what fried chicken is all about. Make sure to be generous with the Tabasco to really make it good!

Top Bottom