What's new

Perfect Margaritas

Any margarita fanciers out there? I really enjoy a good one, not a lemon lime slushy. But a real honest to goodness, on the rocks margarita. I have a recipe which uses Cointreau and Grand Marniar and the best tequila you can afford.

At the risk of being flip;
I like whatever is in my glass and heading to my lips :)
I do however like 2oz Tequila 1/2 oz Contreau & 1/2 oz Drambui mixed with 1oz Roses lime, well shaken and served over ice.
Ken.

I like margaritas, just fine, but I don't enjoy making them. So, I usually just get them in restaurants. I also prefer them on-the-rocks.

Tim

Big time tequila fan start with Patron Anejo add GM, fresh squeezed lime and my secret ingredient. Shack the hell out of it long enough when you pour in the Martini glass you get the floating ice crystal top.:thumbup1:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Patron is good stuff, but my top tequila is El Tesoro de Don Felipe. The silver makes a great margarita, and the anejo is the best sipping tequila I have ever tried. :thumbup1:

Patron is good stuff, but my top tequila is El Tesoro de Don Felipe. The silver makes a great margarita, and the anejo is the best sipping tequila I have ever tried. :thumbup1:
Paradiso Anejo is one of my favorites if not the one. Corazon Anejo is also a great one for the price:thumbup1:

Has anyone ever tried Gran Centenario? I'm not speaking from personal experience, but I've heard that it's pretty good stuff.

Definately no sweet and sour, and I don't both with my top shelf tequilas, an inexpensive 100% agave works just great. Always on the rocks and no salt.

My perfect margarita is pretty simple. It's got a pretty serious kick to it, and it's not very sweet, so some people aren't big fans. I love it though. Here's the recipe:

2oz Patron silver
1oz Cointreau
2/3oz fresh squeezed key lime juice
1/3 ounce Gran Marnier

Shake with ice, and strain into a martini glass. Tastes great, but more than one for me and it's naptime. :chef:

My perfect margarita is pretty simple. It's got a pretty serious kick to it, and it's not very sweet, so some people aren't big fans. I love it though. Here's the recipe:

2oz Patron silver
1oz Cointreau
1/3 ounce Gran Marnier

Shake with ice, and strain into a martini glass. Tastes great, but more than one for me and it's naptime. :chef:

That is a lot of orange:biggrin1:

There is a rather famous restaurant in Fort Worth renowned for its margaritas and they substitute some of the tequila with....Everclear. Still plenty of tequila taste with a bit of added heat. They are tasty.

There is a rather famous restaurant in Fort Worth renowned for its margaritas and they substitute some of the tequila with....Everclear. Still plenty of tequila taste with a bit of added heat. They are tasty.

I love stiff drinks, but I think the everclear's a little much.

Try Pat's "Ghetto Margarita":

Dump in your preferred amount of Jose Cuervo
Fill up the glass with Country Time
(ice optional)

Gets the job done :tongue:

Has anyone ever tried Gran Centenario? I'm not speaking from personal experience, but I've heard that it's pretty good stuff.

My brother gave me a bottle of Anejo for Christmas last year. I’m not much for hard liquor but this was the best thing ever. It’s smooth. I sipped it staight, no lime no salt, didn't need it.

2oz Patron silver
1oz Cointreau
1/3 ounce Gran Marnier

This sounds good, real good! Normally for me its 2oz silver tequila(I don't care which one) 1oz Cointreau, squeeze in some lime shake and serve.
If you do pick up some patron silver, they are truly the best shots of tequila ever! Personally I like a little salt with my shots.

This sounds good, real good! Normally for me its 2oz silver tequila(I don't care which one) 1oz Cointreau, squeeze in some lime shake and serve.
If you do pick up some patron silver, they are truly the best shots of tequila ever! Personally I like a little salt with my shots.

I like Cielo blanco over Patron.

Does anyone else use Hornitos for margaritas? I've always felt that was the perfect price/performance tequilla for mixing.

We did some exhaustive blind testing a while back and Grand Marnier conclusively beat out Cointreau. Patronge (while it does seem like a good deal at Trader Joe's) and all of the cheaper triple sec's tasted downright gasoline-y next to GM.

Top Bottom