What's new

Parts organizing

My friends gun smithing shop was a pig sty And I am not any better.
i was reading Glen Zedikers book The competitive AR-15 and on page 150 he has a labeled parts box. Anyone familiar with this box?
IMG_1321.jpeg

sorry for the poor picture.
another item mentioned was a dry lubricant Friction Block. Anyone use a dry lubricant?

i Forget the name for a white marker to label magazines. I have been putting blue electrical tape for hi-power mags, white for cz ect.

now old pistol holsters De Santis, no clue to what some of these old antiques belong to.
Any tips on organizing ?

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I believe the marker you seek is a UniPAINT marker...

As for the box o' parts. Probably something like this however it is not cheap!

I would probably just buy a bunch of small parts kits from CMMG (Parts Kit, AR15, Survival Kit | CMMG - AR 15 and AR 10 Builds and Parts - https://cmmg.com/parts-kit-ar15-survival-kit) or BCM (Commercial AR-15 Lower Parts Kit - https://bravocompanyusa.com/standard-a2-lower-parts-kit/) and grab a Plano style divided box and label with the above marker! :D

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I believe the marker you seek is a UniPAINT marker...

As for the box o' parts. Probably something like this however it is not cheap!

I would probably just buy a bunch of small parts kits from CMMG and BCM and grab a Plano style divided box and label with the above marker! :D

Lol’d. You just described a small Plano tackle box I have kept AR parts in for years now. :)

I use Hornady One Shot case lube, a dry lubricant, to lube bolts in bolt action rifles and Ruger MK pistols.

I mark my magazines, tools, ect with paint pens.

Old holsters? I have a wooden trunk piled full of holsters and soft pistols cases. Every couple of years, I open it and find something I forgot I had...😀

That’s the case from Brownells. Wish I could just bye the Box.
i have lots of magazines that are now orphans.
wish I still had all my old toys but I cleaned them out when my wife was very ill and expected to have to a retirement home.
still I just got some Longshot so I can still reload until I can find vintage.
finding Savage pocket pistols may be a challenge.
sold H&R 999 unused will be impossible To get now.
ruger Aniversary ingraved in 45/70 will be imposable.
soon I will have to get out my collection of Bill Jordan holsters and give then a cleaning.
hornady One Shot sounds interesting for safe queens.
thanks

X2 on bagging and tagging all small parts. It's the only way to remember what's what as time passes and the parts pile amasses. I have a metal pull drawer tool chest I keep all my parts in.

Top Bottom