What's new

Paradigm DB Titanium

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Inaugural Shave Update:

At 17 hours post-shave, it seems that my beard is back a bit quicker than if I had shaved with the Titanium Blackbird. Still an incredible, smooth shave; but purely from an efficiency standpoint, I think the Bird shaves my face, with my technique, just a bit closer. Hoping this info proves helpful for others.

Inaugural Shave Update:

At 17 hours post-shave, it seems that my beard is back a bit quicker than if I had shaved with the Titanium Blackbird. Still an incredible, smooth shave; but purely from an efficiency standpoint, I think the Bird shaves my face, with my technique, just a bit closer. Hoping this info proves helpful for others.
Glad you are enjoying your new shiney but not surprised the Ti Blackbird delivers a longer BBS, I love that I don't get the initial 5 O'Clock shdow until 24hrs+ later!! Enjoy...

Such questions pose the potential to veer into disagreement...but there's no harm
as long as it doesn't hijack the original thread drastically.

There are a number of reasons why I have passed on certain highly regarded razors.
Generally speaking, I have weaned myself off the belief that I must try every new razor
that hits the market, no matter how lauded. Also, quite wary of getting multiple razors whose
capabilities are very similar. I do best with Ti razors in the 60-80 gm range. (only exception
being the SS Sailor.

But, more specifically:

Athena: don't like the handle, don't fancy the rounded pins on the top cap. Prefer flat
pins since my best blades (vintage platinum plus from the 70s) do not take round pins.
Many conflicting opinions on efficiency: some say it's adequate, some say no. Don't want
to spend 200+ euros to find out.

Overlander: stayed away because not seen as efficient enough by many.

Razors that passed my criteria for evaluation:

Henson Ti +++: to date, the razor I reach for most often. Solid on efficiency, very forgiving on the face.

Diamondback Ti: Read every user review on the 2019 and 2020 DB. Was convinced that this is
the one that will cover a lot of bases for me...plus, hit the sweet spot between efficiency and comfort.

People should definitely evolve their own outlook on these matters though...diverse thinking is good.

I think the Ti Dback is a fair amount more efficient than the Henson Ti +++ (I have had both) but I still think it will fall into a great place for your den based on your comments above.

Great! That's been the plan all along.
I was hoping to get a razor that's noticeably more efficient than the Henson Ti+++
yet as smooth, if not smoother and more comfortable.

Hoping the DB Ti will give me that clean shaven feel for longer.
We'll see.

I have now had three full shaves with this razor. It might be the best DE razor ever made.

On the other hand, I don't think it will dethrone the Chiseled Face Legacy in my den. There is just something about the Legacy that suits me a tiny blt better. Not sure if it is the turned up edge of the safety bar or the fact that it has virtually no exposure, but the whatever it is, it has very little blade feel, and that is something I have grown to love. Also lt shaves best with a very shallow angle, which is also my preference. It is not anywhere near as efficient as the Diamondback, and it therefore doesn't shave as close, but I shave four times a week anyway, so to me it doesn't make that much difference.

I think most sane people would prefer this new Diamondback to the Legacy, but i'm not really sane when it comes to shaving preferences.

The other thought that occurred to me is that if I kept shaving with the Diamondback and getting smooth, comfortable results, my preferences might change. I don't know how I feel about that. Would that make me love my Legacy less when I went back to it?

The thing that tempts me the most right now is the idea of selling off every other DE razor in my den and just holding onto just the Legacy and the Diamondback. I would still have at least some variety. I just don't feel the urge to use any of my other razors now that I have these two titans in my den. They are both that good. The Legacy is different from any DE I have ever tried. The Diamondback is similar to many razors I have tried, but superior.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Loving this TiBack.
IMG_4057.jpeg

Everyone has posted some excellent pics here but, truth be told, this razor just has to be held and seen to truly appreciate the expertise and quality of the whole to get a complete understanding what Paradigm envisioned and what JPM actually produced. I paid full entry price at the last minute and I can honestly say that this piece is underpriced. And I haven’t even shaved with it yet. I’m fighting the urge to not do so as I signed up for the Adjustable April event but, I might have to ask for a reprieve if it gets the best of me.

Truly a beautiful piece of kit….

DBCA0C8F-2DD2-44D7-A5BE-364AF4400738.jpeg

CD3DDAF4-15B0-412D-B150-D2CF5670F70B.jpeg

BF531769-1102-422B-B0E9-C8DE27E91E37.jpeg

BEFC6647-7D63-4B1A-8233-A4EE16D68D97.jpeg

Everyone has posted some excellent pics here but, truth be told, this razor just has to be held and seen to truly appreciate the expertise and quality of the whole to get a complete understanding what Paradigm envisioned and what JPM actually produced. I paid full entry price at the last minute and I can honestly say that this piece is underpriced. And I haven’t even shaved with it yet. I’m fighting the urge to not do so as I signed up for the Adjustable April event but, I might have to ask for a reprieve if it gets the best of me.

Truly a beautiful piece of kit….

View attachment 1822075
View attachment 1822077
View attachment 1822076
View attachment 1822078
Gus - I think a few shaves with it during adjustable April would be fine.

Just remember it’s more efficient than it feels and use a sharp, smooth blade.

Top Bottom