What's new

Paradigm DB Titanium

I was the first one to complain about Chinese Mfg. @Fiddler called me out on it in another post. I didn’t like the change in branding.

I was correct about the reason for the mfg challenges. Andy recognized the benefits of mfg here if he could find the right partner. YPM was the logical choice, I won’t get into it but he had other solid options.

The 25% discount for the DB was a deliberate approach with a well thought out business plan. It has worked so far.

Today, they are where they are. I think it’s a good match. I bought one of each to support my friend Andy.

The difference - I know a lot about the project including the volumes at YPM for it. He’s not hand finishing them like the Diamondback in SS or the Salient.

No one would enjoy hand finishing razors daily.

The Salient less than 150… you aren’t even in the ballpark.
You might want to go back and re-read what I posted but just in case you don't want to.... Salient wasn't even mentioned in the post!! Let's not get ahead of ourselves here!! The way you passionately talk about Paradigm and his razors, it makes one think you're involvement is more than just being a fanboy!!

You might want to go back and re-read what I posted but just in case you don't want to.... Salient wasn't even mentioned in the post!! Let's not get ahead of ourselves here!! The way you passionately talk about Paradigm and his razors, it makes one think you're involvement is more than just being a fanboy!!
You said and I quote:

“He's said this for every razor he's made and the only one he did actually run more razors was the single edge run and yet I recall there were less than 150 razors made total!!”

If you were not talking about the Salient you didn’t clarify it.

Now I’ll also clarify your comment.

I have no position in Paradigm Razors and nothing to financially gain. This is a hobby, not a job or investment for me.

So if you are the one that thinks I have something to gain more than a new razor to shave with in Ti, you thought wrong.

“He's said this for every razor he's made and the only one he did actually run more razors was the single edge run and yet I recall there were less than 150 razors made total!!”
Notice it says "single edge", not Salient... The "single edge" is the only razor to have a 2nd run from the get go that I can recall, but then you seem to have the inside track about everything Paradigm so you should know, right?
If you were not talking about the Salient you didn’t clarify it.
Correct me if I'm wrong but has the Salient had a 2nd run to date? Probably not as it took several months just to get them into someone's hand to use!!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Notice it says "single edge", not Salient... The "single edge" is the only razor to have a 2nd run from the get go that I can recall, but then you seem to have the inside track about everything Paradigm so you should know, right?

Correct me if I'm wrong but has the Salient had a 2nd run to date? Probably not as it took several months just to get them into someone's hand to use!!
Mike … forgive the question … but why do you have such an intense interest in these Paradigm razors when you’ve never even tried one? Asking for a friend. :)

Mr. Shavington

Knows Hot Turkish Toilets
I think from a buyer’s point of view it is much less risky to buy a known razor that has a history of user reviews, and a higher number of owners. So it would be good to see Paradigm razor models stay in production over time. I hope this happens with the Ti Diamondback, the Salient, and future razors. Otherwise we’re effectively being sold unreleased prototypes and many shavers who might enjoy a Paradigm won’t risk it; and by the time they know enough to be comfortable buying the razor there are none for sale.

By the way, I recently received a Salient and it’s an outstandingly efficient and comfortable shaver. I would recommend it to anyone. Not the most beautiful or distinctive design, but it is one of the best shavers I’ve used and it’s a great price. I don’t think the Chinese-made Salient hurts the Paradigm brand at all. For me it’s very positive to experience an excellent Paradigm design at an entry-level price and finish quality, and the shave lacks nothing for me. I’m more likely to invest in a premium Paradigm model after my experience with the Salient.

I think from a buyer’s point of view it is much less risky to buy a known razor that has a history of user reviews, and a higher number of owners. So it would be good to see Paradigm razor models stay in production over time. I hope this happens with the Ti Diamondback, the Salient, and future razors. Otherwise we’re effectively being sold unreleased prototypes and many shavers who might enjoy a Paradigm won’t risk it; and by the time they know enough to be comfortable buying the razor there are none for sale.

By the way, I recently received a Salient and it’s an outstandingly efficient and comfortable shaver. I would recommend it to anyone. Not the most beautiful or distinctive design, but it is one of the best shavers I’ve used and it’s a great price. I don’t think the Chinese-made Salient hurts the Paradigm brand at all. For me it’s very positive to experience an excellent Paradigm design at an entry-level price and finish quality, and the shave lacks nothing for me. I’m more likely to invest in a premium Paradigm model after my experience with the Salient.
I'm glad to see your positive feedback on Chinese-manufactured razors. I'm Chinese, and traditional shaving isn't widely popular here, so some manufacturers may indeed lack a bit of innovative spirit and capability, you know. However, Chinese production is certainly capable of manufacturing products that meet the standards with excellent quality.Thank you.

Salient did have more razors made, second batch had the issues and needed reworked in the US.
Mike … forgive the question … but why do you have such an intense interest in these Paradigm razors when you’ve never even tried one? Asking for a friend. :)
Dan, I have owned a lot of Paradigm Razors. I have a 2019 Dback I regularly rotate in. Paid almost 700 for it off of eBay recently. Sold my 2020 in May of this year.

Simple I recommended Yates as one of two shops that Andy should call to bring mfg back here. Jake had invited me years ago to visit his shop as I grew up in Western PA.

Here is my 2019 Dback next to my other favorite razors.

image.jpg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Salient did have more razors made, second batch had the issues and needed reworked in the US.

Dan, I have owned a lot of Paradigm Razors. I have a 2019 Dback I regularly rotate in. Paid almost 700 for it off of eBay recently. Sold my 2020 in May of this year.

Simple I recommended Yates as one of two shops that Andy should call to bring mfg back here. Jake had invited me years ago to visit his shop as I grew up in Western PA.

View attachment 1756489
Mike … I was asking the other Mike this question (@muzichead ). I know you’re a fan like me. ;)

View attachment 1756489

Great picture. To anyone, I can identify 3 out of 4 razors, the one to the very right which razor is that?

I was the first one to complain about Chinese Mfg. @Fiddler called me out on it in another post. I didn’t like the change in branding.

I was correct about the reason for the mfg challenges. Andy recognized the benefits of mfg here if he could find the right partner. YPM was the logical choice, I won’t get into it but he had other solid options.

The 25% discount for the DB was a deliberate approach with a well thought out business plan. It has worked so far.

Today, they are where they are. I think it’s a good match. I bought one of each to support my friend Andy.
Please please convince Andy to re-release old classics even if just for a limited run :)

Does anyone know how many Paradigm models there have been prior to the
Diamondback? I can only remember Ti1 and Ti2.

I’m sure it’ll be a cool razor, but I’m also pretty sure it will get delayed and with the estimated timing it’s going to put people right at the limit of the PayPal 90day chargeback timeline (conveniently).

To the best of my knowledge, a buyer who uses Paypal can file a dispute for "goods not received"
within 180 days from the date of the transaction. So anyone who does not receive the product
as promised, can definitely file a dispute and will get their money back.

Do not go by the warning written on the DB IT razor's product page. I suspect what he is saying there
is: please don't pay, then get cold feet or have a change of heart and expect a refund before the
razor is manufactured. That would be poor form indeed! You can take delivery of the razor, try it and then,
if you don't like it, return it within 30 days for a full refund instead.

In short: no worries!

Last edited:
Top Bottom