What's new

Para-cord!

It sure is only buy 7strand 550 more expensive but better quality :) yea that little monster can pull.

@Pfp dad. It must of been fun with the cord ?

If you figure each strand has a breaking strength of 550lbs then factor in friction, extra weight etc. I'm no engineer, but if one is good, two is better and so on and so forth. Use a whole bunch to spread the weight and it'll pull pretty much anything reasonable with a car.

I need to find more uses for what I have, right now I've only used it to make duck call lanyards for the family I hunt with. They love the ones I've made for them. Not really in to the bracelets or necklaces made with them, but I can see using it on handles and a few other things around the place.

Legion

Staff member
I don't know if it is funny or sad, but since this thread began I've developed PCAD. I now have over 500 feet of it, in various colours, plus a few wrist bands, and more on the way in the post. Is there anything this place can't turn into an AD?

i used 100-feet of paracord to tie down my bbq and deck chairs in preparation for the storm.

just had to reorder another 200 feet today.

i love this stuff

Ad Astra

The Instigator
BTTT for a great thread; new to the hobby, good "experience" info here.

Atwood IS a good supplier, and paracord sewing "needles" are available on the bid site.

AA

I buy it at my local Army Navy Outdoor Store. I got OD green this time I used up my 50 foot of Black making Pulls for backpacks, luggage and knives.

Top Bottom