What's new

One & Done Club

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I am trying to go through my blade sampler pack to see which blade and how long could I use each. But I could not go beyond twice each blade so far. It seems that 3rd is not as efficient and felt like tugging.

I will check remaining blades and if same result, I may have to join this club after all. 🤔😅
I found the same thing. I’d read about how some blades get sharper on the second and third shave as the coatings wear off, but I’ve never been able to get a full third shave completed with any of the DE blades I’ve used.. I would inevitably have to change out the blade in the middle of that third shave so I was binning them after two. I never did see any improvement on the second shave, in fact, there always seemed to be some degradation.

As someone said: life is too short to use a dull blade. I’m one and done now with DE blades, but I can get 3 comfortable shaves for AC blades.

In that light, I had a one with two more to go with a Kai Titan Mild Pink Monday night. <eg>

I found the same thing. I’d read about how some blades get sharper on the second and third shave as the coatings wear off, but I’ve never been able to get a full third shave completed with any of the DE blades I’ve used.. I would inevitably have to change out the blade in the middle of that third shave so I was binning them after two. I never did see any improvement on the second shave, in fact, there always seemed to be some degradation.

As someone said: life is too short to use a dull blade. I’m one and done now with DE blades, but I can get 3 comfortable shaves for AC blades.

In that light, I had a one with two more to go with a Kai Titan Mild Pink Monday night. <eg>

I still have a lot of blade samplers to go through. Still hoping to figure out which top 5 blades would I choose as a keeper.
However, gut feeling says it is not the blade but the number of times before I toss it is the key to getting a smooth and comfortable shave I am looking for.

Very true, life is too short to use a dull blade. Its best to just enjoy that ZEN moment of shaving.

One and done with a GSB
IMG_6810.jpeg

PXL_20240423_092140454.MP.jpg

Avon Nourishing Shave Oil, Pakistani 'Parker' shavette clone with Tiger 1/2DE blade*. One and Done. Light dusting of talc' with sponge for touch up using Panasonic Travel Shaver ES-RS10 (great little shaver, but poor build quality, note the way I've had to repair the lousy thin plastic head using epoxy, a dressmaker's pin, silver tape and a plastic tie). Joop aftershave Balm

*Stainless steel blades in a shavette are not my preferred choice for my sensitive skin. Much prefer a carbon steel DE blade like Treet Black Beauties which give me more of a traditional SR shaving experience

Top Bottom