What's new

Old things

My father passed before the pandemic. One item I have of his that I remember he always had on his key chain. Was this pocket screwdriver. Any one else have an item that’s simple but a little odd?
F90A4CAE-AB4E-49F9-8A6E-DBB0723AD66D.jpeg

I have seen a lot of those little 4 way screwdrivers with the Sears or Craftsman name on it. I have one that came Craftsman tool set my parents gave me about 40 years ago. I can see it being handy to carry daily.
My dad carried one for years, maybe still does. I think he got it when he was working at Sears. Wow, just did the math, I guess that would have been almost 60 years ago.

1-IMG_20240517_025143~2.jpg

EVERYone NEEDS an Electric Comb ..... why hell, even I've got one :w00t:

hmmm, if you not got a Electric Comb.... maybe you NEED a Doo-Hickey, everyone should have a Doo-Hickey, no?

1-IMG_20240517_025326~2.jpg

Bonus points if you can tell me what they are? :w00t:

I have a small piece of fence that was once part of the former iron curtain that divided Germany (and Europe).
I took it off a few months after the border had opened, must have been the summer of 1990.

Below is a picture at the same spot taken by me as a young boy in the summer of 1988, facing a GDR border pole from West-Germany and just behind it, the actual iron curtain.

Who would have thought that just two years later I could simply walk into East-Germany and cut off a piece of fence!

Nice thread!

iron_curtain.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the absolute oldest thing I will ever have. My father was a linen salesman, his territory covered central and southern Ohio. A customer of his discovered a mastodon skeleton while excavating a gravel pit on his property. My dad was there and the owner offered him a piece of the tusk, he placed it in this jar where it has remained. It was used for many school projects as a point of reference for history and biology.
IMG_4823.jpeg
IMG_4824.jpeg
class.

Top Bottom