What's new

OK, had ankle reconstruction 3 weeks ago, how long for me to bounce back?

yes, my good ankle!! My surgery was about 8 years ago and my left ankle has healed great. Hope you're doing well.

More thoughts about your ankle. Heal well!

I have been getting the TENS treatment, so far so good. I think that i will do this by mid or end of March, i dont see myself taking longer. The projected time is 6 to 9 months for humans, but i am Super human, so i will heal in 3 months

proxy.php

mswofford

Rest in Peace
I have been getting the TENS treatment, so far so good. I think that i will do this by mid or end of March, i dont see myself taking longer. The projected time is 6 to 9 months for humans, but i am Super human, so i will heal in 3 months

proxy.php
Now we know; Alex IS the caped crusader!

Sorry to hear about this......I was in a wreck back in 2006 and almost tore my left foot off, all the bones were crushed all the way around. But after many months of physical therapy and a lot of support and was back up and going within a year, but I also broke my back and tore the rotator cup in my right shoulder, so I had a lot of crap going on at the same time.....LOL....Just stay focus and keep working the movement in that foot when you go to physical therapy as much as you can to regain as much movement as possible. I regained over 80% back, but will not be running any races but at least I can walk on my own without a cain or such! Many folks go to physical therapy and don't push themselves cause of the pain, but I tell you from experience that the sooner you are working on regaining movement the better it will be in the long run and also be able to regain more movement. Good luck and keep your chin up and I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear about this......I was in a wreck back in 2006 and almost tore my left foot off, all the bones were crushed all the way around. But after many months of physical therapy and a lot of support and was back up and going within a year, but I also broke my back and tore the rotator cup in my right shoulder, so I had a lot of crap going on at the same time.....LOL....Just stay focus and keep working the movement in that foot when you go to physical therapy as much as you can to regain as much movement as possible. I regained over 80% back, but will not be running any races but at least I can walk on my own without a cain or such! Many folks go to physical therapy and don't push themselves cause of the pain, but I tell you from experience that the sooner you are working on regaining movement the better it will be in the long run and also be able to regain more movement. Good luck and keep your chin up and I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
Thank you for taking your time to post. Believe it or not i too had a accident that ruptured 3 back vertebrae-L,4,5 and 2 neck-C,2,3. It was 7 years ago. Then 2 years later 2008 [ same year i joined B&B] i had a accident on my shoulder and needed - bicep reattachment, Labrum, and other procedures.

It seems you and i have been through the ringer. i do appreciate that you took the time to inspire and post. God bless.

Doc said I am doing good, i should recover in mid March. This usually take 6 months but it looks like i can do it in 3.......
$33.jpg$11.jpg$22.jpg

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
That's great news Alex! :thumbup:

Are you able to walk without crutches now? Have you started exercising it yet?

That's great news Alex! :thumbup:

Are you able to walk without crutches now? Have you started exercising it yet?

Yes, i stopped crutches last monday, i have a walking boot.....i went to gym last night at Any Time Fitness in NJ, i was there for 1 1/2 hours doing cardio 25 mins, back and abs....today i cant move from soreness.:laugh:

No Sir. Self awareness.

OK.....today was a good day, i went to foot therapy and headed to the AnyTime Fitness gym...it was 10 at night and empty, which is good for me because i did my chest, abs and cardio without any worries that someone would drop any weights on my foot.\

Here i go on the Elliptical stepper

Last edited by a moderator:

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Yes, i stopped crutches last monday, i have a walking boot.....i went to gym last night at Any Time Fitness in NJ, i was there for 1 1/2 hours doing cardio 25 mins, back and abs....today i cant move from soreness.:laugh:

OK.....today was a good day, i went to foot therapy and headed to the AnyTime Fitness gym...it was 10 at night and empty, which is good for me because i did my chest, abs and cardio without any worries that someone would drop any weights on my foot.\

Here i go on the Elliptical stepper..

proxy.php

It's great to see that you're getting back to the gym! :thumbup1:

proxy.php

Top Bottom