What's new

Not what I’d expect from Colt

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
Well...I'm done with the whole sordid affair, at least for now.
Took a ride down to Jasper, GA and met up with Brannen Moss of Moss Firearms. Brannen is one of the superior gunsmiths out there and if you need pretty much any kind of work done to anything that shoots and you are in the north GA/SE Tennessee region, he is well worth looking up. That being said.....
When he first looked at that barrel, he winced. Like being in true pain. Bottom line was it was completely safe but was a pathetic fitment of the barrel. Poor machining (not a crack) and sorry barrel to breech fit were just a couple issues he pointed out. Totally safe but accuracy may be a concern was the gist of his inspection.
He had seen the phenomena before. Acknowledged today's Colt 1911 ain't what they used to be. He did advise that the new generation Pythons were great shooters and well worth picking up if one was looking for a sidearm to ACTUALLY SHOOT😱.
Hence, as this Delta Elite was never intended to be a competition/50 yd. Bullseye contender, methinks I'll just hold onto it and love it like I would a homely daughter😉
Maybe a consideration for buying from a gun store where you can inspect the firearm first (if they will let you) before plunking down your money rather than buying something online, site unseen, if at all possible.

Last edited:
Bought the Colt at a B&M firearms distributor. They are not too keen on customers field stripping their inventory for inspection as it might seem. Of course a cursory inspection is something I’m sure would be permissible. Guess that’s why they have warranties.

I own three Tisas 1911s and what I find interesting is that from the first round they all have been accurate and reliable and I have not had to tune extractors or upgrade pieces parts. It doesn't matter what brand or type of ammo I feed them or who made the magazines (except for two Wilson Combat 920s) the pistols said "Great, feed me!" They have been the polar opposites to my Colt 80 series bought in the 1980s or my Dan Wesson bought in the 1990s.

They just work!
IMG_6507.jpeg

Should be here next week sometime

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
Bought the Colt at a B&M firearms distributor. They are not too keen on customers field stripping their inventory for inspection as it might seem. Of course a cursory inspection is something I’m sure would be permissible. Guess that’s why they have warranties.
True

Top Bottom