What's new

Noble Otter soaps

Gentlemen: Recently, I have become a big fan of Noble Otter soaps. Further, I am seeing them in other Forum members' posts. I would like to propose that we create a sub-forum called Noble Otter Nation where we can post our comments on their various soaps, after shaves and balms.

I only have Orbit and Northern Elixir ; I like NE more than Orbit 🪐
Orbit's nice but sometimes I get a whiff of vomit from it. :out:
NE for me is like Proraso Green on steroids, or dialed up to 11 🎛️ 🧊 Love it, makes my eyes water when I shave the noggin'...

I actually love the smell of Orbit and so does my wife. Fabulous warm weather soap and the scent of the AS lasts a while on me. Working on my second tub.

I really enjoy NO’s soap. It’s slick, protective, and neither drying or too moisturizing. The scents I’ve sampled are always done well also. I can’t get enough of Noir et Vanille and Lonestar.

I actually love the smell of Orbit and so does my wife. Fabulous warm weather soap and the scent of the AS lasts a while on me. Working on my second tub.
Good to know! I also enjoy the smell of Orbit, and I wanted to know if the AS is a good way to prolong the scent. How does the AS perform overall?

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I have Noble Otter Batters Up sitting in my drawer. I’ve shaved with it only twice because the fragrance is so funky. I twist the lid off occasionally just to see if things have changed…they haven’t. It’s like a leather factory caught on fire and they tried to douse the flames with tar, then took that smouldering chemical mess and put it in a soap. I can’t seem to part with it though.

Good to know! I also enjoy the smell of Orbit, and I wanted to know if the AS is a good way to prolong the scent. How does the AS perform overall?
The AS does prolong the scent. At least for me. As I mentioned earlier my wife likes the scent and this is the AS that gets compliments for her. The vast majority do not. It's a cologne type scent and it is aftershave so it doesn't last all day, but I can still detect it for 90 minutes to 2 hours. It keeps my face feeling cool too for an hour.

The AS does prolong the scent. At least for me. As I mentioned earlier my wife likes the scent and this is the AS that gets compliments for her. The vast majority do not. It's a cologne type scent and it is aftershave so it doesn't last all day, but I can still detect it for 90 minutes to 2 hours. It keeps my face feeling cool too for an hour.

Perfect, thanks for the review. Next time they are in stock I’ll have to test it myself. The added cooling will make for a great summer AS.

Last Christmas I got a bunch of Noble Otter shave soaps, my GF really likes the different otter icons on the soap. Well, I must admit so do I.

I have:
Orbit
Rawr
Logbook
Firefighter
Barrbarr
Neon Sun
Jack

What I like about the brand is similar to MdC, that their scents are unique and not dupes. I always get a great shave with Noble Otter, and I guess the only criticism I have is it takes a bit longer to make a smooth lather than MdC for example.

Lately, the brand has been imported to the EU, which made them easily available over here. However, as they are sold out in most online retailers, I wrote to rasoigoodfellas and asked when they could restock and received this answer:
The brand you requested is currently being imported from the USA.
It will take the technical time of the ship voyage (so a few months).
As of today I am unfortunately unable to give you an exact date.
So NO fans in Europe will have to be patient.

I think my favorites in terms of scent is Orbit, Logbook, Rawr and Barrbarr.
Neon Sun, for me, smells like an off-scented barrbarr, and while the performance is great I just don't find the scent interesting, perhaps I'm not old enough to appreciate this 80s-inspired scent.

I like a lot this brand, I also like that their scents are original and not too strong, and I like the label of their soaps. The only thing missing to this brand is a vegan base!

Yes. I liked it. There was a volatile note I didn't like off the puck but immediately on lathering it opened up to a much fuller, well rounded and very pleasant scent. Performance excellent as always.

I may catch a little flak by saying this, but this is kind of how Rawr is for me. Better after lathered; there's a little off-note before the water hits it that I don't like.

Firefighter and Northern Elixir are probably still my two favorites. Jack's pretty nice, too.

Lonestar, Barrbarr, and Orbit are my favorites from NO. Tried most of their stuff outside of the newest releases and a few others like Monoi and Northern Elixir. I'd say none of their scents are "bad" or offensive, well outside of Batters Up, lmao...
Lonestar is one of my favorite scents in Wetshaving. That mix of hay, magnolia, and leather is something I'm quite familiar with... I grew up in the Southeast and it triggers memories for me.

Top Bottom