What's new

Nhl 2010-11

The NHL season kicks off today, and I'm already hearing talk about how Carolina defeated Minnesota over in Finland.

Any hockey fans present? As a good Canadian boy, I thoroughly enjoy watching some puck. Maybe this will be the year that my Canucks bring it on home? Yes, I know I'm in Toronto (aka. The Vatican of Hockey), but Christ... The goddam Stanley Cup is right down the street from The ACC at the HoF. Funny how it's so close yet so far for The Leafs.

As another good Canadian boy I have no choice but to be a hockey fan, and growing up in Alberta I have no choice but to be an Oilers fan. :thumbup:

I'm a fan and a fellow Canadian.
I'm sorry to hear you have to put up with the Leafs.
No one should have to do that.

I'm a Blues lifer. We're really excited about having Halak and our prospects of making the playoffs. Hope they don't choke.

That being said, Fox Sports Midwest, which is carrying 76 Blues games, all in HD, has stopped service to Dish Network, my dish provider. Meaning right now I'm looking at missing all of the games. They are even talking about blocking the local Fox affiliate station. If that happens I'm cancelling and going to Directv.

I used to have a hockey team until the Dolan's bought my beloved Rangers. I am excited about the season starting.

I'm a Blues lifer. We're really excited about having Halak and our prospects of making the playoffs. Hope they don't choke.

That being said, Fox Sports Midwest, which is carrying 76 Blues games, all in HD, has stopped service to Dish Network, my dish provider. Meaning right now I'm looking at missing all of the games. They are even talking about blocking the local Fox affiliate station. If that happens I'm cancelling and going to Directv.

There must be a way to watch them online.

Heck, yes, I'm a hockey fan!

I'm a Bruins fan and I grew up going to games at the Boston Garden. That was a great place to watch a hockey game. Not such a great place to use the restroom, but that's another conversation altogether.

Anyway, big fan of the NHL as a whole (although I can do without Bettman), and I'm very happy to be watching games again!

Wings fan here. Pretty happy with the results of the opener. I just hope we stay healthy this year and obviously bring home the cup!!

The NHL season kicks off today, and I'm already hearing talk about how Carolina defeated Minnesota over in Finland.

Any hockey fans present? As a good Canadian boy, I thoroughly enjoy watching some puck. Maybe this will be the year that my Canucks bring it on home? Yes, I know I'm in Toronto (aka. The Vatican of Hockey), but Christ... The goddam Stanley Cup is right down the street from The ACC at the HoF. Funny how it's so close yet so far for The Leafs.

As a Blackhawks fan, I thoroughly enjoyed watching my Hawks dismantle the Canucks in the playoffs the past two seasons. Winning the Cup was awesome. I think many will be surprised at how good the new teammates will be. Even though the first couple games haven't been great, I have noticed an increased amount of physical play that the Blackhawks haven't had in quite some time. Should be a good year.

Pavel Datsyuk handled himself pretty well against a bigger Corey Perry in his fight. Last thing we need is for him to break a hand. I really wish the Wings would carry a legit tough guy to handle this type of stuff.

We have the Gordy Howe season ticket package, nine games. I gave my opening day ticket to my daughter, she lives in NC, but was in town visiting. She and her mother enjoyed the game.

Hey, Pavel Datsuk got a Gordy Howe hat trick Friday, a goal, an assist, and a fight! Go Wings!

Larry

I was lucky enough to be at the Canucks season opener the other night against L.A. (sidenote: Rogers Arena? Really?), and even though my boys blew the game late, it was really neat being there when they introduced Henrik as the latest Canuck captain. The pregame ceremony was tastefully done, and it was a big surprise for me because I was expecting them to be captain-less for this season.

Not the start I was hoping for, but I was pleased with the play of some new faces (Malhotra, Torres, Hamhuis). I feel that the team got a big grittier from last season, which was something that was desperately needed after The Blackhawks were able to push us around for the second straight year.

Pavel Datsyuk handled himself pretty well against a bigger Corey Perry in his fight. Last thing we need is for him to break a hand. I really wish the Wings would carry a legit tough guy to handle this type of stuff.

I agree the Wings need a tough guy. Datsyuk is gonna get demolished eventually if he's forced to keep this up.

Last edited:
Watched my first NHL game in 97 (Australia doesn't show alot of NHL).... Blackhawks v Sabres... And since then have been a Hawks fan....
What really got me excited was watching. Daze, Amonte, Chelios and Probert!

This year has proved a successful sporting year for me as a supporter...
Blackhawks (NHL)
Spain (World Cup)
Collingwood (AFL)
Nadal (Tennis - Winning the French, Wimbledon & US Opens in one season)

Top Bottom