What's new

News: Coming Soon New Mühle head!

Looks like they copied the Gillette Guard disposable.

proxy.php

Last edited:
To me it looks like the combs are on the bottom, just as any other open comb but configured a little differently. Can't wait to read some reviews as I have become partial to open combs in the last few months. Wonder if the barley chrome handle will fit?

To me it looks like the combs are on the bottom, just as any other open comb but configured a little differently. Can't wait to read some reviews as I have become partial to open combs in the last few months. Wonder if the barley chrome handle will fit?
I agree with this, except that to me it looks like this is NOT an open comb design, but rather a design in which the guard bar has areas in which it becomes very thin and other areas where it is thick, approximating the look of an open comb, and perhaps some of the functionality, without actually being an open comb. Agreed that it is closer to the Gillette Guard than any true open comb I have ever seen.

I agree with this, except that to me it looks like this is NOT an open comb design, but rather a design in which the guard bar has areas in which it becomes very thin and other areas where it is thick, approximating the look of an open comb, and perhaps some of the functionality, without actually being an open comb.

...perhaps this way one can utilize what an open comb offers without having to worry about damaging the comb-teeth of a true open comb...

This should be interesting. I hope EJ picks up the head and releases a cheaper razor than what Mühle demands for theirs. I also like the EJ handles better because they are a bit heavier than the Mühle handles, I think the EJ handles balance the R89 bar head much better and it looks like the new open comb head will also be pretty solid.

oversaturn's picture looks like a "ribbed" straight-bar. Sir Walter's picture looks like a true open-comb. Which is it? Or will it be both?

oversaturn's picture looks like a "ribbed" straight-bar. Sir Walter's picture looks like a true open-comb. Which is it? Or will it be both?
I think Sir Walter's picture just shows what the ribbed straight bar looks like from a different angle. I don't see anything about his picture that is incompatible with oversaturn's picture; just another perspective of the same thing.

Guaranteed it is a ribbed straight-bar rather than a true open comb.

Looks like an interesting design. Can't wait to hear reviews.

They claim that it will be a DE for experienced shavers, strong beards and three day's growth - sounds pretty aggressive to me. They go on to say that one pass with the grain will be enough, no further passes neccessary. I'll believe that when I see it. *g*
But I'll be damned if I don't order one!

They claim that it will be a DE for experienced shavers, strong beards and three day's growth - sounds pretty aggressive to me. They go on to say that one pass with the grain will be enough, no further passes neccessary. I'll believe that when I see it. *g*
But I'll be damned if I don't order one!

+1, They got their hooks in me too...

Top Bottom