What's new

Newbie got the bug, from Aus

Hey folks,

I don't really know how I got here, but I got the wet shaving bug. I guess all those safety razor targeted ads finally got to me, sorta.

I actually picked up a Dovo Shavette. Have done about 4 shaves and haven't nicked myself, which I was very much expecting based on some people's experiences starting out on them.

Waiting on a vintage ceramic shaving mug and a defect Yaqi to arrive.

Other than that, this guy arrived in the mail recently. I need to have it honed, which I'm really quite happy to learn how to do myself but have been advised it would be better to get a pro to do it so I know what 'good' feels like. Sound advice. So I joined here because of the Honemeister directory and wanted to reach out to the sole member in NSW. Turns out I need to (understandably) rack up a higher post count until then :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 5.59.49 pm.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 5.59.49 pm.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum from another Aussie. Great to see you here. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself to us.

From across the ditch, kia ora! Welcome aboard, mate.
Churr, kia ora mate. Appreciate the welcome.

Welcome aboard mate. Glad to see another Aussie SR bloke in the making.

Can't go too wrong with the old Bengall.

Thanks mate. Yeah they seem to be universally liked. Hopefully I'm not too up the creek with finding someone in NSW to get this honed.

~~

And to everyone else, cheers :)

Legion

Staff member
Churr, kia ora mate. Appreciate the welcome.

Thanks mate. Yeah they seem to be universally liked. Hopefully I'm not too up the creek with finding someone in NSW to get this honed.

~~

And to everyone else, cheers :)
There is another guy in QLD who is supposed to be OK if that doesn't work out. Unless the NSW guy lives a distance you're are happy to drive, it will cost the same to post to him as interstate.

There is another guy in QLD who is supposed to be OK if that doesn't work out. Unless the NSW guy lives a distance you're are happy to drive, it will cost the same to post to him as interstate.
Ah yep DC Blades right? He looks like he does really good work. Good point re postage too I never thought of that, I just assumed it'd cost more because it's interstate.

Top Bottom