What's new

newbe question Paste that ships with dremels

Hi, This is my first post.

I'd like to know if anyone has used the dremel polish paste BY HAND to strop their razor. I wouldn't dare put a dremel to a shave ready razor, but the paste seems like it could have some use.
Currently I use a Shapton 16x and then move on to the clean canvas of my strop. After that, I move to the leather side and shave.
Does anyone know if the paste will help or hurt my shaves?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

I'm not sure if pastes for the dremel are good or not. I'm moving the thread into the stropping section.

Legion

Staff member
I have used it on the felt buffing wheel to polish the blade doing restores. It works but I don't like to recommend Dremels to others for that as the chances of getting it badly wrong are high.

For edge sharpening I would much prefer something with a more even and known consistency, like CrO or diamond spray. The Dremels paste may work but how well I couldnt tell you. Don't put it on a good strop to experiment.

i have used it on the felt buffing wheel to polish the blade doing restores. It works but i don't like to recommend dremels to others for that as the chances of getting it badly wrong are high.

For edge sharpening i would much prefer something with a more even and known consistency, like cro or diamond spray. The dremels paste may work but how well i couldnt tell you. Don't put it on a good strop to experiment.

it's a general purpose medium quality metal polish. Kind of the shotgun approach to polishing. There are better alternatives for razors.

i've tried it, works but there are much better alternatives as the gentleman above said.
+1, +1, +1

Top Bottom