What's new

New Treet: Another carbon blade?

I'm wondering if these little talked about New Treet razor blades are also carbon?
Do you know more about them?

19042024.jpg

19042024_!.png

I believe they are carbon steel with chrome sputtered coating.
OK chrome coated.
I really like them, of those Treet blades I have tried they are the best but I have yet to test in the next few days the Treet King blades.

I am surprised that there are no topics on these blades New Treet.
Treet Dura shar and black beauty I tried them years ago,good blades but they did not excite me.

Treet lists this as a stainless steel blade. I am only going by advertising listings. Carbon steel blades do not typically have an edge coating.

Treet lists this as a stainless steel blade.
Where does it say this?

In the official website of Treet Corporation I see that only these blades appear "Treet Carbon Steel", "Treet New Steel" "Treet Platinum" and "Treet Dura Sharp."

None of the other types of their blades are listed.

Carbon steel blades do not typically have an edge coating.
This is an incorrect statement. Treet does edge coat some of their blades. Their Dura Sharp are chrome sputtered. They will also use PTFE. The Treet Carbon Steel (Black Beauties) are not coated.

Where does it say this?

In the official website of Treet Corporation I see that only these blades appear "Treet Carbon Steel", "Treet New Steel" "Treet Platinum" and "Treet Dura Sharp."

None of the other types of their blades are listed.
I was using the advertising listing at The Razor Company.

Treet - New Double Edge Razor Blades - Pack of 10 Blades | Free Shipping | The Razor Company - https://www.therazorcompany.com/collections/treet/products/treet-new-double-edge-razor-blades-pack-of-10-blades

This is an incorrect statement. Treet does edge coat some of their blades. Their Dura Sharp are chrome sputtered. They will also use PTFE. The Treet Carbon Steel (Black Beauties) are not coated.
Treet uses the "Dura Sharp" name on several of their line of blades. Dura Sharp (Yellow box) is a carbon steel blade. The Blue Box version does not state the type of steel used and is coated. You are apparently correct that Treet does coat some of their carbon steel blades. It would only seem to be a curious action to take. You are more knowledgeable on blade production though. Is the Dura Sharp (Blue Box) a carbon steel blade? Cordially.

I was using the advertising listing at The Razor Company.
I wouldn't go by TRC description. The official website for Treet is treetcorp.com. They only list the blades that they currently make, and the packaging might look different to what is seen abroad as what is on the site is their local packaging, such as the Dura Sharps are in a yellow tuck, which is only sold in Pakistan, but in blue tucks worldwide.

For the three blades that are not the Platinum, the description is "Good quality material & control ensure comfortable shaving experience" - these are carbon steel, while the Platinum which is explicitly indicated as Stainless Steel has "High-quality material & control ensure super sharp blades".

Both the Dura Sharp and New Steel are chrome sputtered and PTFE coated, while the Carbon Steel is only PTFE coated. The Platinum is obviously platinum and PTFE coated.

Is the Dura Sharp (Blue Box) a carbon steel blade? Cordially.
Yes. The blue box Dura Sharp is the same as the yellow box. There was quite a bit of misinformation going on, so I decided to ask Treet to clarify, and the response was:

"The difference of designs and colors are due the target markets. The Yellow packaging is specifically designed for distribution and use within Pakistan, while the Blue packaging is intended for international markets.

Unfortunately, due to regulations concerning standard operation authorities logos, we are unable to export the yellow-packaged blades."

@Hawkweber you seem to know quite a bit about treet blades.
I wonder if there is a difference between other Treet blades:

1) Stainless Steel Blades: Is there really a difference in Treet Platinum and Treet 7 Days Platinum and Treet King?
razorbladesclub.com says there is a difference in the coating, but I'm not sure if this is correct

2) Is there a difference in the coated Carbon Blades"New Steel" and "Dura Sharp" Even on their homepage the description is exaclty the same

@Hawkweber you seem to know quite a bit about treet blades.
I wonder if there is a difference between other Treet blades:

1) Stainless Steel Blades: Is there really a difference in Treet Platinum and Treet 7 Days Platinum and Treet King?
razorbladesclub.com says there is a difference in the coating, but I'm not sure if this is correct

2) Is there a difference in the coated Carbon Blades"New Steel" and "Dura Sharp" Even on their homepage the description is exaclty the same
@markusk, it may seem that I know quite a bit about Treet blades, but I am not an expert in any way. Like you and many others, I was confused about the Treet blade offerings and all the disparate information, even on blade-selling sites, so I decided to look at the Treet site and also sent emails to them with inquiries. The main Treet site shows 4 blades, not the plethora that seem to be out there. Their main site doesn't list the 7 Days Platinum or Kings. If you go to the selling site that they list on their Facebook page Treet | PK - https://daraz.pk/shop/treet and click on blades, the only ones they show are the Carbon Steel (Black Beauty), Platinum, and Dura Sharp. You have to do some serious searching to find any of their other blades, such as King, Tez, Super-Power, and New Steel. 7 Days Platinum doesn't even seem to be available. Based on this, which is purely conjecture, I think that Treet has reduced its blade portfolio to only a handful of products. I am also beginning to think that those other blades are really no longer in production and what you see available from RBC and others is leftover stock.

So, in answer to #1, the description for the King blade on the Daraz site only indicates it is a stainless steel blade. There is no mention of platinum, so I would assume it is just steel with probably PTFE, but maybe not. I can't say anything about the 7 Days Platinum, as there is no information on them, but assuming they are platinum coated (and not just a name like Gold! or Silver!), then they probably have the same coating.

For #2—If you are asking if there is a difference in coating, then according to their site, both are chromium sputtered (and PTFE, which is not listed). If you are asking if there is a difference in the blades, such as sharpness or performance, then there probably is no need to have the two products if they are identical. Edge parameters and grinding are probably the difference.

But the best way to get definitive answers would be to contact the company directly, which I did for my questions. Shoot an email to [email protected]. They're pretty good at responding. And, if you find them out, post the answers here.

On the web site you recommended https://www.daraz.pk/ I saw photos about the Treet Dura Sharp visually looks the same as my Tree New DE razor blade, the only difference is that mine has a more burnished colour.

On some of my Treet New blades there are sometimes small, almost imperceptible streaks of light brownish colour that might look like the beginnings of rust, in reality it is just the colour due to the particular workmanship of the blade.

the only ones they show are the Carbon Steel (Black Beauty), Platinum, and Dura Sharp. You have to do some serious searching to find any of their other blades, such as King, Tez, Super-Power, and New Steel. 7 Days Platinum doesn't even seem to be available. Based on this, which is purely conjecture, I think that Treet has reduced its blade portfolio to only a handful of products. I am also beginning to think that those other blades are really no longer in production and what you see available from RBC and others is leftover stock.
It certainly could be true that Treet has discontinued most of its brands, but it's also the case that their marketing sites have never listed more than a few blades, even while other blades were being produced. When I tested all seven carbon-steet Treet blades available at that time, it became clear that they were not all relabeled versions of the same blade.

Even though the appear to be different blades, I don't see any reason for Treet to continue making Super Power, New Edge and Classic blades, as they're all bottom-tier carbon steel blades. They are all slightly better than the black beauty, but they at least have a reason to keep making that one (it looks cool, plus history). The better carbon blades--Silver, Dura Sharp and Falcon--are all good shavers for the money, although some consolidation there too would make sense.

i wrote to [email protected]
and got this general answer from A. Qudoos:

"Treet Corp. manufactures two types of Razor Blades - Stainless Steel and Salon Quality. Both types are designed to provide a smooth, comfortable shave, but they differ in their composition and price point.

Stainless Steel blades are made from high-quality steel that is resistant to rust and corrosion. They are known for their sharpness and durability, making them a premium product. Brands are Treet Platinum Super, King, and 7-Days.

On the other hand, Salon Quality blades are made from a softer, more flexible material that is easier to sharpen and maintain. They are a good value for money product and are often preferred by those who shave frequently. Brands are Classic, Dura Sharp, and New Steel"

then i wrote back to clarify if the blades are same in the two groups.

He answered:
"Yes, in the single category, they have the same quality, with only different brand names"

Last edited:

"Treet Corp. manufactures two types of Razor Blades - Stainless Steel and Salon Quality. Both types are designed to provide a smooth, comfortable shave, but they differ in their composition and price point.

Stainless Steel blades are made from high-quality steel that is resistant to rust and corrosion. They are known for their sharpness and durability, making them a premium product. Brands are Treet Platinum Super, King, and 7-Days.

On the other hand, Salon Quality blades are made from a softer, more flexible material that is easier to sharpen and maintain. They are a good value for money product and are often preferred by those who shave frequently. Brands are Classic, Dura Sharp, and New Steel"

He answered:
"Yes, in the single category, they have the same quality, with only different brand names"
By Salon Quality blades do you mean the carbon steel ones?

He answered:
Thanks for finding this out and posting here, @markusk. His answer that all the carbon-steel blades "have the same quality, with only different brand names" seems to suggest they are identical. Now, "same quality" doesn't necessarily mean identical -- but that's how I read it.

Personally, I found a huge gaping chasm in quality between the Classic and Dura Sharp blades. Granted, my trials took place two years ago and who knows how old the blades were by then. But if Treet has truly streamlined to produce only one carbon-steel blade, I hope it shaves like the old Dura Sharp and not the old Classic.

The Treet Corp. site still lists the black beauties, so either they haven't truly cut back to a single carbon-steel offering, or the site hasn't been updated. (It also doesn't list the King, 7-Days or Classic.) Treet's last annual report indicated the market for DE blades, and especially carbon-steel ones, was dwindling in Pakistan as people moved to plastic:

However, as the demand for disposable razors grew, preferences for Double Edge Blades, especially the carbon steel variants produced in TCL-Hyderabad, waned in the local market. For the second consecutive year, Double Edge Blades experienced a downturn in local sales.

Top Bottom