What's new

new scales for my boker

heres my latest scales i made for my 5/8 boker unrivalled no 1116 i think they turned out ok stainless washers nickeled silver pins with blade rest :001_smile

my newest scale material came from a ebay pal its celluloid, very old celluloid. i think the effect is stunning tom

Last edited:
How much work did you have to do yourself??

I mean did you cut away some of the original scales to make them fit the razor blade better??

- And it looks GREAT by the way!!!

the celluloid was just a block of material so i did all the work from there cutting shaping polishing fitting & pinning it was just a rectanular block starting out i took off the old scales and made new ones thanks tom

Not bad at all!:thumbup:

I got a set of acrylic red scales form Superior Shave for my vintage Dixon, would very much have preferred to try to make my own but in a small apartment its not easy to fit in any power tools... what tools did you use to cut out the shape form the original block?

im am sorry to tell u but i used a bandsaw for roughing and belt sanders for rough sanding & hand tools from there a block sander is a very helpful tool also various grits of sheet sandpaper 180 to 600 is what i used silver pins ss washers #0 1/16" id tubing for blade rest thanks tom good luck

Last edited:
Top Bottom