What's new

***NEW*** Proraso Green line

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The long awaited new Proraso Green line is finally in my hands! As promised by the manufacturer, new look, new formula and, probably very soon, new fragrances. The Ludovico Martelli company decided to make a "jump in the past" with a novelty in the packaging: a stunning vintage look that definitely reminds the old Italian barbershops of the 1930's and 1940's. It's both very traditional and tremendously cool. The formula is now paraben free, with no SLS and no BHT. For the new fragrances I do not have any official info, but, fingers crossed, it seems they should arrive around April/May, just before the summer. Prices for the new Green line are exactly identical to the old Green line, which means they are always excellent. I still have to test the new products, but some friends in north Italy say they are as good as the old ones, some others say the new are even better! Thoughts to follow. In the meantime, enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• $Proraso 1.jpg
    $Proraso 1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 2,500
  • $Proraso 2.jpg
    $Proraso 2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,460
  • $Proraso 3.jpg
    $Proraso 3.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 2,456
  • $Proraso 4.jpg
    $Proraso 4.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 2,449
Thank you Marco!

This makes me smile. Knowing that the Ludovico Martelli company went through the financial and logistical trouble of a major reformulation proves that they still believe in their (fantastic) products, and that they want future generations to enjoy the traditional art of wetshaving. The re-designed packaging looks stunning, and since the reformulated aftershave balm is - in my opinion! - even better than the old version there's absolutely no reason to believe that the new soap and cream are anything less than stellar.

I can't wait for your detailed review!

Whitmore

EDIT: On this site - http://styleempire.ca/2012/02/beauty-spring-sensations - there's another shot of the new green line.

Last edited:
I think this is really great! I thought proraso was one of those lines that was a subsidiary of a giant corporation and would never receive an update or additional product (like Williams!). I really like their current lineup and can't wait to try the new soaps and scents.

Good thinking change the look for the changed formula so the consumer knows what they are getting. Hope they don't have too many problems clearing their old stocks.

Marco:

Thank you very much for the update, my friend. I truly look forward to trying these new products. I will also look forward to your detailed and informative reviews.

Don

Top Bottom