What's new

Need a complete list of double edge blade brand that doesn't have any glue or wax dot

Add to this any blade that comes in a slide-dispenser.
Most drugstore blades qualify.
These are generally house-branded but the OEM is American Safety Razor / Personna.

The wax dots are meaningless.
They don't interfere with the shave, and even if they did, they are easy to remove.

Choosing a DE blade because of the absence of dots is a waste of time.
Instead, look at the coatings or lack thereof, and the shave it gives.
Comfort and closeness are much more important factors than the wax dots.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Also the wax spots are only on one side.

I do not mind wax spots ... now. When I started with DE I frowned at wax spots, but now I am very pro wax spots. Why ... well:
  1. wax spots size and position are specific to certain manufacturer and give a certain assurance as to the origin of the blades
  2. they are a way to assure that the blade was not used before
  3. they prevent the blade to move inside the paper wrapper. If you look carefully usually there is 1mm of free space between the edge of the blade and the fold of the wrapper. Without wax spots that fixes the blade to the wrapper perhaps movement of the blade during transport inside the wrapper could rub off or deteriorate the very thin coating on the delicate blade edge ... My blades are often coated and I expect them to have wax spots. If they do not, it is a sign to me that the manufacturer probably needlessly cuts corner on expense of product quality not properly stored to be shipped across the world and sold to consumers.
  4. wax is wax, it melts in warm watter and rinses off easily.

I just wipe it quickly off the blade with my fingers and thumb before I put it in the razor. I wipe towards the tab on the ends where the tabs are to avoid touching the sharp side of the blade. I never understood what the big deal is about that stuff, but I have seen so many threads like this, so I guess people are annoyed.

That's what I do.
It's less trouble to pull them off with my hands,
than it is to think about it.

I usually ignore the wax completely.
The only time I slide it off is if I hear a click
when I tighten the razor or if there is some other indicator
that the blade is sticking to some part of the razor.
That rarely happens.

Top Bottom