What's new

National Handwriting Day, 23 January

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Today is National Handwriting Day aka John Hancock Day (his birthday, 1737).

I'll be inking up a nice pen for myself and a couple beaters to lend out during the day. Let's work on our awareness of the sadly disappearing hand-written letter and the art of elegant penmanship. Write something!

Here are some tips to enjoy your day --> http://www.wikihow.com/Celebrate-National-Handwriting-Day

$John_Hancock_signature.png

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Here we are again, folks. It falls on Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018.
Change fonts and size without pushing any buttons. Write a letter.

That big day was yesterday. Dang!

We should have been notified of this event.
Early notification, sir.

I’ll be observing by doing most of my normal computer work on a Rhodia pad with a Pelikan, and sending letters off to some friends and family. Can’t wait.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
This is January 23. Let us celebrate . My handwriting is pretty good. I always did use cursive.
Yahoo!! Let's celebrate, Let's have a drink!

For the USA I reckon. It says John Hancock Day. Look up.
Just messing with you. ;)

About John Hancock - by coincidence, last week I found it interesting to study the rest of the signatures on the U.S. Declaration of Independance. Stephen Hopkins' thin and shaky, possibly from a palsy or something. Ben Franklin started off with a half-decent flourish under his name, but then he sort of loses control of it at the end.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I’ve been seriously practicing for three years because I’ve always had terrible handwriting. My left handed slant has approved but having to push rather than pull the pen like a right hander remains an impediment to good flow and spacing.
8DD93D3F-943C-4E39-A5A6-903FD5F5631E.jpeg

I’ve been seriously practicing for three years because I’ve always had terrible handwriting. My left handed slant has approved but having to push rather than pull the pen like a right hander remains an impediment to good flow and spacing.
View attachment 1398303
Your handwriting is a lot better than many that I have seen, including one persons who couldn't read her own handwriting immediately after she had written it, which was a problem as she then had to produce Minutes of Meetings. She practiced hard and now her handwriting is the best, but tiny, which limits her choice of nib.

The big surprise event was when I went into a pen shop in Kendal. The previous customer had picked up a pen in each hand and wrote at the same time, the fact that they wrote different words with each hand was particularly impressive, try it sometime.

Top Bottom