What's new

Namiki Falcon with Soft Fine (SF) Nib: Pen Review

My only additional thought to what you describe so well is the weight of the pen. It is very light, in my opinion. Though some may prefer this, I like a little heft (e.g., the VP). I'm also curious why they call this a "soft" nib. It seems down right flexy to me, especially if it loosens up a bit with use, as you describe.

"Flexible" Is definitely a relative thing. Compared to a vintage "wet noodle," the Falcon is semi-flex.

-Andy

I agree with everything in your review. It is a fantastic pen and has been my 'go to' for ... well, since it was purchased about 4 weeks ago. I do find it to be a little scratchy on the upstroke, but its fine as long as there is no pressure applied to the nib. I have noticed that it has started to flex just a tiny bit more and is flexing easier. I also purchased a nib creaper at the same time, and it is just a touch harder to flex, but has quite a bit more flex in the nib.

Thanks for the fantastic review.

Sure thing, Ken. Thank you for the kind words. My Falcon is definitely becoming more flexible. The more I use it, the happier I am with it.

-Andy

Top Bottom