What's new

My Search to Replace La Toja

The LEA stick was runny and thin, no matter what I tried. The only cream that has been okay so far is Ach Brito Lavanda and it is t quite as good as LT cream for me.

The LEA stick was runny and thin, no matter what I tried. The only cream that has been okay so far is Ach Brito Lavanda and it is t quite as good as LT cream for me.

Yes, the LEA stick is adequate, but not great.

I agree on Ach. Brito Lavanda, but would still suggest you give the Lea CLASSIC shaving cream in the metal tube or metal tin a try.
It is different from the other Lea shaving creams in the plastic tube.

I noted that the Ach. Brito Lavanda shaving cream has been out of stock for some time on both the Ach. Brito and Gifts & Care site and also is no longer available in my local Portuguese supermarket. :001_huh:
Hopefully, this is only temporarily.

B.

The Lavanda cream is also out of stock on their website. I emailed them to ask if it is still being made.

I just discovered that the Ach. in Ach. Brito is probably short for Achilles de Brito, one of the founders.

For Ach. Brito, Lavanda is lavender, Mogno is mahogany, and Musgo is moss. If I can remember that, I might be able to understand what each one is supposed to be scent wise.

For Ach. Brito, Lavanda is lavender, Mogno is mahogany, and Musgo is moss. If I can remember that, I might be able to understand what each one is supposed to be scent wise.

Don’t mention Mogno :07:, that shaving cream has disappeared too, but at least the rectangular Mogno shaving soap is still available.

Mogno shaving cream would have been another potential candidate to replace the La Toja shaving cream.

B.

I think both Lavanda and Mogno are flagged as "coming soon" or something on giftsandcare.com at the moment.

I never tried Musgo back when I started and it seemed to be more readily available - I think the prices on that one have climbed quite a bit.

I like the Lavanda. The lanolin gives it a good post-shave for a cream and I like the scent, although I am not sure the slickness is better than some of the other Euro creams that are still around. I actually still find Proraso green pretty much top of the table in that respect, but the gunky residue that Proroso products leave behind always irritates me - I wonder if it is just a reaction with my very hard water, as I never see other folks mentioning it.

I got a reply from Ach. Brito. The Lavanda shaving cream is simply out of stock and will be restocked June 23.

The Mogno shaving soap bar and the Musgo are both still on their website and several retailers have them in stock.

This thread inspired me enough to locate a few tubes of La Toja cream. After all, if it’s endorsed by Michael Jackson’s sister, it can’t be bad. I didn’t go nuts but I ordered six, and happily this turns out to be exactly the size of a wholesale pack so they arrived neatly wrapped.

In case anybody is searching too, I got these from theshavebutler.com, in Portugal. They have both the regular and sensitive creams and the prices haven’t been trumped up like they seem to be in a lot of places. I’m sure there are other sources you could find too.

68317C12-04C4-44EC-AED5-D4DBCE663ABA.jpeg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
This thread inspired me enough to locate a few tubes of La Toja cream. After all, if it’s endorsed by Michael Jackson’s sister, it can’t be bad. I didn’t go nuts but I ordered six, and happily this turns out to be exactly the size of a wholesale pack so they arrived neatly wrapped.

In case anybody is searching too, I got these from theshavebutler.com, in Portugal. They have both the regular and sensitive creams and the prices haven’t been trumped up like they seem to be in a lot of places. I’m sure there are other sources you could find too.

View attachment 1661701
A 6-pack like this is what I'll be looking for while in Spain next month. Fingers crossed!

Both Mogno and Musgo are very nice creams. Lavanda is also a very nice lavender scent cream. Europe is full of some nice shave creams. Palmolive being just one. I bought the Musgo cream and balm while in Rome. Wish i had bought more.

While i was In Rome, I got a shave at Machete (sp?) barber shop. I bought a huge pro size of their cream while there. Very good cream with interesting scent.

I shaved with Arko, today. I used a 1946-1949 Gillette Fat Handle Gold Tech and a Gillette Nacet blade. It was a good shave and the smell, though not my favorite, was nice and clean. The soap isn't quite as good as Cella, but close. If I use a straight razor it isn't as good. It is a keeper, but not as good as La Toja.

Right now I am on a cruise on the Mediterranean Sea. On Wednesday I am arriving on the Ibiza island and on Thursday I am staying in Valencia. Fingers crossed on finding some La Toja cream!

Even on holiday/vacation in idyllic surroundings, acquiring shaving supplies still remains a priority. It's why you are esteemed so highly in this community!

Always an inspiration my friend!

Top Bottom