What's new

My first shave with a slant.....

All I can say is WOW!

I got my slant in yesterday, (Merkur 37 c) and had a pretty good two and a half days growth to try it out on. When i first looked at this thing, I have to say, I was a little intimidated. This thing looks like it could cut your face off. I with great care, I loaded her up with a feather, lathered up, and took her for a spin.

Long / short, Two Passes later I am enjoying a nice BBS shave.

Todays shave.
Slant 37 C
Feather
Proraso
Musgo Real A/S Balm.

The slant will shave better than the straight will until you practice for a few months, so I am sure the slant won't be going anywhere! It took me three months to get awesome shaves from a straight razor. Congrats!

The safety bar is slanted exposing more razor, and I think increases the gap form one end to the other. I could be way off, but form atleast what i saw of it, that's what it looks like to me.

The slant in the gap makes the razors do more of a Gem/Gillette slide on your face when you're making regular passes. That way the hairs are cut more on a slanted angle than a regular razor.

yes the slant "slices" the whisker on an angle instead of hitting them perpendicular like a conventional razor. you could be converted to a "slant-man" now- be careful! It will only end in you purchasing and hoarding hundreds of feather blades....

Top Bottom