What's new

My Favorite eBay Seller

Well, aren't I foolish?? :blushing::blushing:

Guido, is his BIN price a fair one given the condition and rarity?

(Of course I'll have my answer if the item sells while I'm posting this :lol::lol::lol:)

It isn't in my range, but for a collector of NEW's it might be within range. You know how it goes, you might find one tomorrow for $15 plus shipping, or you might not see another for six months. I would say, however, that if it was with case it would easily be worth that BIN price.

Stupid question. What is this Otto Roth hybrid you speak of?

The one I pictured earlier. Gillette acquired Otto Roth's company, Rotbart, in the early 30's. It operated as a division of Gillette for a time after that.

proxy.php

Thanks for your answer, 'Guido. I have a feeling that i have asked you this before, but what kind of case should I be looking for, for my Hybrid?

Thanks for your answer, 'Guido. I have a feeling that i have asked you this before, but what kind of case should I be looking for, for my Hybrid?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I have seen mention of a Otto Roth NEW in a metal "filigreed" case, but have not seen a picture. Every one I have seen, that I can remember, never had the case.

Always be careful with someone wanting to sell you something by starting with "my friend" I always think of the old snake oil peddlers from the westerns or P T Barnum or something. When we were in the middle east, we used to go into the shook markets or bazaars and the peddlers would come up with the line of offering a "special price" the ever present "my friend", and "just for you" special customer. It was good entertainment and once in a while like a broken clock being right twice a day, you really could haggle out a special deal. You just have to look at the merchandise and figure out what it's worth to you, this guy is a trip all right but he doesn't force anyone to buy and he usually sells to someone, go figure. bc

Always be careful with someone wanting to sell you something by starting with "my friend" I always think of the old snake oil peddlers from the westerns or P T Barnum or something. When we were in the middle east, we used to go into the shook markets or bazaars and the peddlers would come up with the line of offering a "special price" the ever present "my friend", and "just for you" special customer. It was good entertainment and once in a while like a broken clock being right twice a day, you really could haggle out a special deal. You just have to look at the merchandise and figure out what it's worth to you, this guy is a trip all right but he doesn't force anyone to buy and he usually sells to someone, go figure. bc

"My friend". Every time I read it, I hear the voices back in the streets of Baghdad. Especially the kids, but even adult merchants, they thought it was some proper way to greet the American "suckers" I guess. :001_rolle

"My friend". Every time I read it, I hear the voices back in the streets of Baghdad. Especially the kids, but even adult merchants, they thought it was some proper way to greet the American "suckers" I guess. :001_rolle

Reminds me of a certain presidential candidate.

Top Bottom