What's new

My Dark Blue Escher, And My Escher Background Story

When I was first learning how to use Escher's, I didn't really know how to use them. I temporarily gave up and sold mine. Since then I continued learning about how to use them. A few weeks ago I bought a Dark Blue Escher. I have 6 straight razors, when I'm testing a new stone, I test it on 1 razor to make sure I like the edge the stone gives first before I put it on the rest on my razors. With the Dark Blue Escher, I was so confident I was going to like it that I used the Escher on all 6 of my razors before I had even tested 1 razor with it. I was right! I really like the edges the Escher give on my razors. Nice, smooth edge. I feel great that I know how to use them now.

Attachments

• $SANY0536.JPG
    $SANY0536.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 145
  • $SANY0538.JPG
    $SANY0538.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 145
Glad you like it so much. The edge off a thuringian/Escher is my favorite that I have tried. Very smooth and forgiving.

I can't speak for what Matt does but I go from a coticule with water to a Escher/thuringian with slurry.

Eschers are the labeled thuringians. I myself love the labels for some reason but most thuringians preform the same with subtle differences.

that was the background story? thought you were gonna say that you were the long lost grandson of escher family and this was what was left of the family fortune...

but nice rock, i dig it... i wonder what color my escher is...

that was the background story? thought you were gonna say that you were the long lost grandson of escher family and this was what was left of the family fortune...

but nice rock, i dig it... i wonder what color my escher is...

That would have been funny. I would hope that the family fortune would have been more than just one Escher.

they are quite pretty, i have a couple. i've never owned a chinese 12k and wonder if there are any characteristics to distinguish unlabeled thuringians from other darkish hones other than the edges they give.

Top Bottom