What's new

Most cringe-worthy You-Tube music videos

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
We'll see if this goes anywhere. In the course of looking for You-Tube videos to tag with in this thread, I've come across some wonderfully stinky ones. So I thought it might be fun to dedicate a thread to cringe-worthy music videos.

Here's my initial offering. I loved the earlier Yardbirds and Led Zeppelin's first album was mind-blowing. But haven't yet been able to watch this performance of Dazed and Confused from start to finish without turning away. My problem is with Relf, the lead vocalist, who penned the lyrics (I hadn't known that before about five minutes ago). Every time I watch, I wonder what Page must be thinking.

Maybe it's just me. This was apparently a popular number on the Yardbirds' last two American tours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I work at a bar that plays music videos of the TV's all night. We get promo discs and while most of the artists are pretty big, small independent artists sometimes pay to get their songs put on these discs. There are a LOT of bad music videos.

I present "Freeway of Love." Except not the original by Aretha Franklin.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
I work at a bar that plays music videos of the TV's all night. We get promo discs and while most of the artists are pretty big, small independent artists sometimes pay to get their songs put on these discs. There are a LOT of bad music videos.

I present "Freeway of Love." Except not the original by Aretha Franklin.

Oh, that's wonderful!

Great contribution.

Thanks! I'll try to take note of the especially bad ones I see to share here.

Also, I've never not wated to listen to Dazed and Confused before. That was a weird experience.

I don't know if this is cringe-worthy, but it is definitely one of the weirdest videos I've seen there.

Its not explicit, but it is very, very suggestive. Probably not for young eyes.

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Baby It's You -- Smith

I remember the song, but I'm not sure I ever saw Smith perform before this turned up. The recording made it to #5 on the U.S. charts in 1969, the date given for this video. But it looks to me more like the 70s trying to imitate the 60s. I love the guitar player wearing a Steven Stills outfit.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Definitely leaves some room for improvement. But I kinda like the lead vocalist's nervously restless stage presence. It creates a certain tension in the performance. D'ya think he practiced that, or does it just come naturally to him?
Looked natural to me :biggrin:

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!

David Bowie & Mick Jagger - Dancing In The Street

Forgot how bad that one was! I was a big Stones fan from 12x5 on. But saw this when it aired for the first time and struggled to maintain pure, unadulterated memories of Satisfaction and Under My Thumb. I've since learned to compartmentalize.

For all my brodawgs at B&B that love to go clubbin' (Not the baby seal kind)

Top Bottom