What's new

MLB Post Season Picks

Yeah, Saturday's games were excellent. Had them on in the background much of the day. Verlander was very impressive. The Astros appear to be the hottest team right now. Fun games coming up.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I am working noon to 8p today.
May not make it. Hahaha

Maybe if it was the World Series !!!

I remember growing up we would watch the World Series games at school.

martym

So very true.
All year long the Astros have had this problem. They were one starter away and then they added Verlander. They just didn’t shore up the bullpen. Too late now. They just gotta suck it up.

Pitching, especially the bullpen, has been a glaring weakness for years. Makes me long for the days when our rotation was Scott, Ryan, Darwin and Deshaies with Smith, Andersen and Kerfeld in relief.

The key to winning baseball games is pitching, fundamentals, and three run homers.

Nobody likes to hear it, because it's dull, but the reason you win or lose is darn near always the same - pitching.

- Earl Weaver

So very true.
All year long the Astros have had this problem. They were one starter away and then they added Verlander. They just didn’t shore up the bullpen. Too late now. They just gotta suck it up.

It's a three game series now. May the best team win (as long as it's Houston)! :wink2:

martym

I don’t think it was as much the Cubs slumping as much as the Dodgers are just that good!!

The Dodgers haven’t peaked, they’re just the best team day in and day out!

My beloved Astros or the Yankees will have their work cut out for them!

LA looks unbeatable now, but so did Houston, last week. Seven game series are revealing. If Houston can tough it out, I'm going to love the WS. If not, well then, Go LA.

martym

I agree. If the Astros don’t make it to the dance then I shall root for the Dodgers and just imagine Steve Garvey and Ron Cey out there playing!!

If they knew it would only take this to get back to the World Series, the Dodgers would’ve forced Vin Scully to retire years ago:001_rolle
So far I’ve rooted for the Indians and then the Cubs to win it all. A big freakin’ doughnut hole.

Go Yankees???

Top Bottom