What's new

Mitchells Wool Fat Shaving Soap is no longer Tallow based

Interesting tid bit on Mitchell's Wool Fat. While it was tallow based and shortly after it was discontinued many retailers had trouble remaining in stock. When I purchased my pucks from Connaught Shaving back in the Fall of 2022 they often had low or no stock causing me to delay ordering for a few days. Never saw more than a handful of MWF refill pucks in their inventory. They also had order quantity restrictions of no more that 6 pucks at a time.

Today they have, what is for them, an unprecedented inventory of 62 MWF shaving soaps pucks per their web site. No order quantity restrictions and new formulation soap is on sale for 10% off.

Unclear if the situation due to a drop off in demand for the new formulation or better supply availability from Mitchell's. I checked the MWF bath soap and it is also on sale with the limit of three bars removed and an inventory of 24 pucks versus the typical handful. Don't believe its formulation was changed. Bath soap is the slickest I've ever used. Would consider purchasing more if the free shipping to the U.S. is reinstated.

Interesting tid bit on Mitchell's Wool Fat. While it was tallow based and shortly after it was discontinued many retailers had trouble remaining in stock. When I purchased my pucks from Connaught Shaving back in the Fall of 2022 they often had low or no stock causing me to delay ordering for a few days. Never saw more than a handful of MWF refill pucks in their inventory. They also had order quantity restrictions of no more that 6 pucks at a time.

Today they have, what is for them, an unprecedented inventory of 62 MWF shaving soaps pucks per their web site. No order quantity restrictions and new formulation soap is on sale for 10% off.

Unclear if the situation due to a drop off in demand for the new formulation or better supply availability from Mitchell's. I checked the MWF bath soap and it is also on sale with the limit of three bars removed and an inventory of 24 pucks versus the typical handful. Don't believe its formulation was changed. Bath soap is the slickest I've ever used. Would consider purchasing more if the free shipping to the U.S. is reinstated.
I remember seeing that on their site too. I would often add 10 to my cart to check stock levels and it would say "max X can be ordered". Same thing when the Tallow Tabac Sticks were in stock. I had to place multiple orders, to get the quantity I wanted.

I remember seeing that on their site too. I would often add 10 to my cart to check stock levels and it would say "max X can be ordered". Same thing when the Tallow Tabac Sticks were in stock. I had to place multiple orders, to get the quantity I wanted.
It will be interesting to see how fast the MWF inventory is drawn down though, since it's a domestic U.K. soap, it is likely easier for Connaught to replenish the inventory.

New Coke was introduced in 1985.
Outrageousness
proxy.php

I never tried the MWF bath soaps, but I ordered several bars of Stirling Bath Soap from Pasteur as a way of testing their various scents. They are not the slickest bath soaps, but I really enjoy using them. I have drawers full various unused containers of shaving soap, but I am down to my last bar of bath soap. They go fast.

I never tried the MWF bath soaps, but I ordered several bars of Stirling Bath Soap from Pasteur as a way of testing their various scents. They are not the slickest bath soaps, but I really enjoy using them. I have drawers full various unused containers of shaving soap, but I am down to my last bar of bath soap. They go fast.
MWF bath soaps I’ve found to be really good, though they always seem to go much quicker than anticipated.

I’m working through an economical duo of Pears and Dove 3-in-1 which has been surprisingly long lasting. Perhaps that perception is tied to the respective bar’s starting size

I purchased my puck with tallow from Rome in September 2023 and I paid 45€ to shop owner which has many tallow based soaps from several producers (art of shaving, valobra, Czech & Speake etc.) and now Mitchell's should return back to production of tallow based soap but it is quite impossible as far as I know. Do they announce any letter for this situation?

I purchased my puck with tallow from Rome in September 2023 and I paid 45€ to shop owner which has many tallow based soaps from several producers (art of shaving, valobra, Czech & Speake etc.) and now Mitchell's should return back to production of tallow based soap but it is quite impossible as far as I know. Do they announce any letter for this situation?
Wowsers. If I could sell my tallow pucks for that, I'd be rich.

I had a near miss yesterday with my Woolfat Ceramic - bored and decided to grate down an aged puck.

For whatever reason, decided to use my marble countertop and stone flooring as the scene for packing the shavings into the dish :facep:

Got a little complacent with how quick and easy things were going when it squirted off the counter :yikes:

Old footballing instincts kicked in and fortunate to slow its descent enough and redirect it to the bathmat by cradling with my foot.

Narrowly avoided a thousand shards and possibly a crack in the flooring.

Sure I got ceramic dish with all risk at the airport. I do prefer better dishes than MWFs (Boots ceramics and C&S aluminums)
Price makes more sense with the ceramic dish from an airport specialty store. Glad you were able to land at least one tallow MWF puck to experience it. It's my favorite shaving soap.

Are there local Turkish shaving soaps that you also like to use?

Sure I got ceramic dish with all risk at the airport. I do prefer better dishes than MWFs (Boots ceramics and C&S aluminums)
The biggest letdown for sure is that kindergarten-kilned dish.

I didn’t use mine initially given all the imperfections, but what I have learned recently is just how wonderfully it allows for loading and building. I live semi arid, so I am not concerned with needing to dry out the puck given it’s ill fitting lid.

Top Bottom