What's new

Mdunn Restorations!

The MDunn Restoration shop has been operating at full capacity for the last 2 or so years. I offer full service restorations to my exclusive clientele who see a razor they want, irrespective of the condition it is in, and with no regard to the time it will take me to fix up.

Allow me then, to introduce you to the full list of the people who engage my services...

Mdunn.

:lol:

Have been sorting out the files and pictures of razors on my computer here, and thought I would post them up for kudos, comments and criticism.

First up, a W&B stubby I just finished.

I tried to walk a line between saving it from all the nasty rust, and not wanting to make it factory polished and new again and erase 200 years of history. So once there was no more rust, and the pits were cleaned out I just mirror polished the rest of the blade. I kept the original horn, and with the same thing in mind gave it some neetsfoot and a light sanding, but still kept it in pretty much as found condition.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
The scales are very neat! Did you hone it? Good to see that you're your own best client!

nah, not honed yet!

and here is a boker I did for Johnmrson as part of the aussie traveling box v2 in jarrah burl

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

thanks guys - he keeps coming back. Ive a backlog of about 50 razors.. egad!

and a monkey tail'd mikado by john watts

proxy.php

proxy.php

What kind of wood are the Mikado scales?

Its musk. I wish you guys could see it in real life, there is an awesome 3d effect at the wedge end. It's a great little shaver, i love my monkey tails!

I have enough musk for another set of scales, just waiting for the right razor

Its musk. I wish you guys could see it in real life, there is an awesome 3d effect at the wedge end. It's a great little shaver, i love my monkey tails!

I have enough musk for another set of scales, just waiting for the right razor

That musk is beautiful. Did you do a CA finish? If not it will pop even more with a CA finish. I love monkey tails too! I only have one and it's a Wade and Butcher.

That musk is beautiful. Did you do a CA finish? If not it will pop even more with a CA finish. I love monkey tails too! I only have one and it's a Wade and Butcher.

No, i dont like CA finish, makes it to plasticy for my taste. Its an oil finish, which I think looks better, as the light travels through the oil into the wood, and then reflects out from below the surface. Plus as it ages and is handled it takes on an awesome patina.

i want a W&B monkey tail, ive just got this and a de pews

Top Bottom