Mannic's wetshaving journal

💈 SOTD: 13-5-24

Preshave: Proraso White
Soap: LPL Cologne Fougere
As: LPL Cologne Fougere
Razor: Fatip Grande OC
Blade: Derby Concord (2)
Brush: Semogue SE

Where people sometimes think less of Proraso, I really like their preshaves (their soaps and aftershaves as well). I moisten my face and massage a tuft of proraso into the beard hairs I let this soak in for a while and then apply the lather to the skin.

The quality of LPL is very good I have several sets of them now and find them all top notch, both in scent and performance. I don't love all the scents though, because that is a thing with LPL you either like the scent or you don't like it at least that is my opinion.

The Fatip did its job again smoothly and comfortably.

eZy Watermark_13-05-2024_04-59-56-1800PM.jpeg

So far I have found or made myself believe that I have better shaves using a preshave. Straight to lather is less comfortable to me - but I have also been face lathering lately so I have also switched to glycerin soap as preshave rather than a specific preshave cream like a Proraso Green.

I use it for a week or two every day know, and i think my shaves have improved, or this have too do whit my new shave angle routine or the preshave or a combination of the two.

💈 SOTD: 15-5-24

Preshave: SV Preshave oil
Soap: SV Tundra Artica
As: SV Tundra Artica
Razor: TGS Syntesi
Blade: Gillette Permasharp
Brush: Omega GT

I find the preshave from SV a very fine and useful product, it's an oil which I'm not really a fan of then because you often have your whole hands covered in the oil, however the roller on this bottle allows you to easily apply a few dashes of oil to the skin and then gently massage into the hair. The oil is quite neutral in smell, the smell I get from it is a somewhat musty natural smell.

The Soap and Aftershave from SV is great, this Oud scent is fine for some colder weather and that went fine today, scent unfortunately does not last long.

Being very satisfied with the Bayonetta from TGS I had also become very interested in the Syntesi a stainless steel razor with a matte coating. This razor I am going to put to the test in the coming days, the first impression is very good, finish is very good and shaving comfort very high.

eZy Watermark_15-05-2024_08-33-54-2980PM.jpeg

💈 SOTD: 16-5-24

Preshave: AYLM Don Jose
Soap: AYLM Don Jose
As: Floid Black
Blade: Gillette Sharp-edge
Brush: Semogue Butterscotch

The preshave oil from AYLM is the same scent as the soap and is a slightly thicker oil than the SV preshave oil used yesterday, but this oil, like yesterday, lathers well.

Loaded the brush for just under 30 seconds and foamed up directly on the face, after putting in water and actually foaming up a nice full fat lather forms that provides very good protection and is very slick, the added menthol provides a pleasant cooling not too much just comfortable. The scent notes of banana and coconut is not something I would really go for, but the scent is very pleasantly subtle, not overbearing. I wouldn't want an aftershave from it myself, but as a soap and preshave, I'm happy with this set.

The Syntesi is a very fine razor, which in my opinion does call for a slightly sharper blade, this sharpedge does fall in this line, although I will use it with a BIC or a Kai tomorrow. The three passes were very pleasant and comfortable with an almost bbs result.

eZy Watermark_16-05-2024_09-13-32-4590PM.jpeg

💈 SOTD: 18-5-24

Preshave: Alt Innsbruck
Soap: Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle
As: Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle
Blade: Kai (2)
Brush: Omega Boar

The last preshave in my collection that I wanted to specially introduce is this Pre - Aftershave emulsion from Alt Innsbruck, you can use this both before and after shaving, I only do it before because I don't like the smell as much, this one has a somewhat citronella smell, which I like on its own but not to carry around with me so to speak. The oil spreads out and massages into the beard hairs just fine, nice product.

The Syntesi does not disappoint me, but I felt a sharper blade would bring out its true potential. Used a Kai blade yesterday and today and this really brought the razor to life, not that a milder blade won't do it justice, quite the opposite in fact but a sharper blade makes it just that touch more efficient which gave me two days of bbs results and two very comfortable shaves.

eZy Watermark_18-05-2024_09-03-02-4470PM.jpeg

I mentioned earlier that I changed my shaving routine after a couple of years and since a couple of days the new routine is in my system, and were in the beginning it was a little strange to approach the neck from another side on the first pass, but that is completely gone and in my system already. Now i go whit the grain from the chin to my shoulder were at first i dit one complete pass from the cheek to the neck.

I also started whit doing shorter strokes and this is mire efficient in my experience.

Learning every day, thank B&B😄

Top Bottom