What's new

Magnum bonum

This took a lot of time by hand with really fine grits and a fiberglass pen..A lot more rot than the photos show.... Along with some chemical dealings with the rot... Normally I wouldn't go through the hassle but magnum bonum butchers over an inch are quite rare and someone regrinding this because of the rot would deserve to be tarred and feathered... Or pointed and laughed at if you're the more merciful sort... Some blades you just respect the history, others are fair game in my mind. Scales are what were on it. They were bit and chipped badly and this is a stopgap.. I just filled all the damage with 2 ton epoxy and sanded them back down for now. I don't think the scales are original at all, the pivot holes were stretched out so I filled them and redrilled the original ones but once I did I lost wedge clearance so I filed that back to reclaim tolerances. It's good enough for now till I get a set of proper butcher scales for a blade this size... $20161217_164535.png$Straight Razor 002.jpg$Straight Razor 004.jpg$20170131_233235.jpg$20170131_233308.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom