What's new

Love my Leaf Thorn razor.

I have the Twig and like it, but it is a tad mild for me. I plan to purchase the Thorn in the future, when Leaf has it's Black Friday sale later this year.

I never heard of "Simple Clean Shave" razor. Could you post a picture or a link to it?
It's in the same design ball park as the Henson and Winning razors. The Henson is solid aluminum while the Winning is solid stainless steel. The SCS has an aluminum body with stainless steel inserts at the wear points. I prefer it over both the Henson and Winning razors. It's made by a one man shop machinist who sells it on etsy. The Razor Company also carries it as their house razor.

The Simple Clean Shave razor is also available in all stainless.

Ok tonight was my 3rd shave with the Thorn on the same PermaSharp SE blade. Mixed up and 50/50 avacado/olive oil and applied 3 drops to my wet face and proceeded to shave without lather. SUPER utility BBS shave. If in a rush i will reach for this mix for shave secret. But I still do love a good lather. The permasharps are sweet I recommend any Leaf owners try a box of 100. I will try to load the Feather I snapped in two next. Many DE blades to evaluate before I try the 5 LEAF blades that were packed In. Thinking next blades in no particular order will be Feather Hi Stainless, Persona Lab Blue, Rapira, yellow and Green Supermax, Edisons Shark..a few others ...I love the new SE format and the options the LEAF innovation allows me to explore!
Not only can I enjoy all my DE stash with a si snap. Several SE are available for very little $$. 300 blades delivered to my door for $10 and take up very little space. currently enjoying the Pemsharp SE looking forward to the Treet followed by the Turkish delight using my Horse brush,Derby Profesional blade and the Arko stick all from Turkey. Sharks are very nice but I may need to load them Inna shavett and strop before use!

Attachments

• 20230815_153755.jpg
    20230815_153755.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Not only can I enjoy all my DE stash with a si snap. Several SE are available for very little $$. 300 blades delivered to my door for $10 and take up very little space. currently enjoying the Pemsharp SE looking forward to the Treet followed by the Turkish delight using my Horse brush,Derby Profesional blade and the Arko stick all from Turkey. Sharks are very nice but I may need to load them Inna shavett and strop before use!
Make sure to also give Derby Usta SE a spin. A fine single edge.

My best performance with a Twig has been with genuine Bic CPs. But I get odd bad cuts with a Twig, I don't know if it is from excess blade chatter or what. My next run with the Twig will be with a Kai blade. it is said to be quite rigid.

Some people also stack blades, but I find one needs the sharpest blades for this to work. Might try it with a Feather one day. Works pretty will with a BIC, lots of blade feel too.

I absolutely love my Twig. I’ve only used a Feather in it and it’s fantastic. I have no desire to use another blade honestly. I might have found my “end game”. It’s so good.

I also love the packaging. The packaging goes along with their philosophy of not creating waste. Other companies that preach to get rid of plastic waste still ship their razors with plastic. I am also quite fond of their travel case and how it fits the razor perfectly. I definitely will look forward to new colors that might drop and pick up another one. I love mine that much!

I've had the Thorn razor for about 2 weeks now and I am still very excited about it. I just love this razor. I find it shaves very smoothly, I get a close shave with it and I feel no irritation. I love the low profile of the head. It's very nimble for getting into tight spots. My other razors don't get much use lately. Also, this is a beautiful razor.

Thorn_.jpg

Top Bottom