What's new

Love my Leaf Thorn razor.

I just received my Leaf Thorn razor in silver. This razor looks beautiful and shave beautifully. It is so smooth and nimble. It has a nice feel to it and the weight is well balanced. I got a feeling my other razors might be taking a rest for awhile. This is one great razor. And the price is not bad either, $55.00. Anyone else have this razor and love's it?

Leaf Thorn.JPG
Leaf.JPG

Last edited:
You will love it. Great razor. I used the blade that came with it and it seems just fine. It's a well built razor. I really enjoyed using it.
Looking forward to it. I enjoyed one box from a PIF of Perma Sharp DE. 100 SE arrived today to welcome the Torrn into the Den.

Attachments

• 20230810_162907.jpg
    20230810_162907.jpg
    1,018.7 KB · Views: 16
I will try Personna Blue. It's nice sharp blade. BTW, what razor did you order, the Twig or the Thorn? In what color?

Last edited:
Well Done Leaf! Thorn arrived today loaded up a PermaSharp and wiped up some Himalaya With Shea from the Soap works in Madison WI. WONDERFUL BBS out of the box shave! Zero Alum Block sting. Smooth, Crisp, efficient tool! Glad I stumbled into SE last Saturday with the NOS Schick injector and found this next chapter and ordered on my Birthday Monday... do not hesitate to try a Thorn I find it quite mild but quick to negotiate a thick 5 O'clock. Looking forward to my next shave. I have always favored 3 piece DE so I can disassemble clean and dry between uses. While this is more TTO it presents no issues with storage prep.

If your on the fence try it!

I will try Personna Blue. It's nice sharp blade. BTW, what razor did you order, the Twig or the Thorn? In what color?
I recieved the Chrome Thorn today. Super nice! My barber is 88 and when I showed him a picture he was super impressed by the handle design.

Attachments

• 20230811_161603.jpg
    20230811_161603.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
I have the leaf thorn. It shaves pretty good occasionaly nick myself. Still evaluating it.

I usually shave with a razor for about six months before I definitively State my opinion. I do think I get better use of my razor blades with it so far.

I recieved the Chrome Thorn today. Super nice! My barber is 88 and when I showed him a picture he was super impressed by the handle design.
Ok tonight was my 3rd shave with the Thorn on the same PermaSharp SE blade. Mixed up and 50/50 avacado/olive oil and applied 3 drops to my wet face and proceeded to shave without lather. SUPER utility BBS shave. If in a rush i will reach for this mix for shave secret. But I still do love a good lather. The permasharps are sweet I recommend any Leaf owners try a box of 100. I will try to load the Feather I snapped in two next. Many DE blades to evaluate before I try the 5 LEAF blades that were packed In. Thinking next blades in no particular order will be Feather Hi Stainless, Persona Lab Blue, Rapira, yellow and Green Supermax, Edisons Shark..a few others ...I love the new SE format and the options the LEAF innovation allows me to explore!

Attachments

• 20230812_211953.jpg
    20230812_211953.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
The other issue I’ve noticing with the leaf thorn is the blade alignment. The top cap and the blade do not align but it doesn’t seem to have an effect on the shave.

The other issue I’ve noticing with the leaf thorn is the blade alignment. The top cap and the blade do not align but it doesn’t seem to have an effect on the shave.
I emailed the maker about that when I received the Twig. I was told to keep touching one end of the cap gently as I wound it back and just before the cap touched the blade.

That works for Twig and Thor. Both mine have same quirk.

I’m never game to shave when alignment looks off.

I emailed the maker about that when I received the Twig. I was told to keep touching one end of the cap gently as I wound it back and just before the cap touched the blade.

That works for Twig and Thor. Both mine have same quirk.

I’m never game to shave when alignment looks off.
It does not affect the shave.

I'm very fond of my Twig. It's probably my second most used razor. It's currently loaded with an Indian made Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon.

Top Bottom