What's new

Looking to perhaps pick up a Wacker

Perhaps in the market for a Wacker, probably a Chevalier. Found what interests me on a site called ShavingShop.com
I have never heard mention of them here or on other forums. Anyone dealt with them??

Last edited:
I admit shes a beauty. A bit pricey but for a new custom im guessing it not too bad. Ive read a bit about wackers but dont own one.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I have never purchased from that vendor but he has carried Wacker for several years. Years ago he came across quite a smattering of NOS 8/8 Friodur and they made their rounds among many straight razor users. John Crowley is (was? still is?) the owner of the site.

I've bought from him. I believe there are limited distributors in the USA and he is one of or the only?
I have 2 Wackers and the one especially is probably my all time favorite out of all the razors I have or have been able to use. And I've been through quite a few.
Can't speak to the Chevalier except it sure is beautiful.

Bought a Friodur from a John a few years back. Great communication, no problems with the transaction. The razor was as described. Would definitely do business with him again. I remember the razor having a synthetic edge which is/was not my preference. I sent it out to get a jnat edge. Today I would be able to hone it myself. A Chevalier is in my near future for sure.

IMG_5269.JPG
IMG_5265.JPG

...and here we are. Nice loking razor I think.

Buy directly from Wacker and save some $$ I will pm you there contact info, they are very nice razors and take a really nice edge.

IMG_4644.jpg
IMG_5508.jpg

Last edited:
I've bought two razors from John also, whatever razor you do buy you can rest assured that they will "really" be shave ready, he is a great honner, you'll see if you buy.
DSC03609.jpg
$_57.jpghy6.jpg

I have dealt with ShavingShop several times and he has always done me right and if I had an issue as I am rather fickle he has always accomodated me.

Top Bottom