What's new

Livi Loom Strops

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Ok...

I want to hear from any owners of the Livi loom strops and what your take on them is. Do you tape up razors when you use the pasted side? Do you miss not having the canvas aspect of a strop?

I opted for the almuminum handled version. I have seen that style used in many Livi videos, and if its good enough for him, its good enough for me :p Besides, paying an extra
$100 for a wooden handle.

I actually dont use mine much anymore. I originally bought it as a travel strop, and it works in a pinch, however I just found that the short length of it sucks a bit. Will have to pull it out and give it another go and decide whether to sell/keep it.

I dont tape my razors anymore, so thats a "no" with regard to the pasted side. The leather side is a really nice supple leather, and as I said above, the only thing that lets it down is the shortness of length IMHO.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Well I just received my strop from SRD. I didnt get the extra chromium oxide, but there is enough on the linen/canvas side that I dont think ill need some in awhile.

I was actually shocked at how small the strop is. I measured approximately 2.5" x 9.5". I suppose the videos he has, such as the snake one, are custom sizes he makes for himself. Or it is an illusion being played on my eyes.

I havent used it yet, as I just unwrapped it, but the leather is indeed very soft. Now the fear of nicking it is setting in, but ill get over that quick

I have one that I bought 2½ years ago when I went to visit Mastro Livi in Perguia and bought two matched boxwood scale regrinds. I went back to using my hanging Illinois strop pretty quick. Storage space is a problem, it's too heavy and too short. The CrOx is laid on pretty thick and I didn't invest the time to learn how to use it properly.

Well I just received my strop from SRD. I didnt get the extra chromium oxide, but there is enough on the linen/canvas side that I dont think ill need some in awhile.

I was actually shocked at how small the strop is. I measured approximately 2.5" x 9.5". I suppose the videos he has, such as the snake one, are custom sizes he makes for himself. Or it is an illusion being played on my eyes.

I havent used it yet, as I just unwrapped it, but the leather is indeed very soft. Now the fear of nicking it is setting in, but ill get over that quick

they normaly come with a spear bar of crox i have had two of these from livi they both came with crox bar. love the loom . but just prefer the hanging strop, i wished he made hanging strop in the same leather

Top Bottom